Non-linear batch pricing

vrvincevrvince Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited April 26, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Anyone have a hint about this:

I am pricing a gallery of school picture-day photos, and want to use the batch "apply" feature at top if possible, rather than one-by-one.

It feels like the most natural price bump would be: the small items, like 4x6's, could use a much bigger percentage boost than the more expensive items, like Giclee prints or canvases. For example, 4x6 could go for $3.00 (huge percentage increase), and 8x10 giclee for $38.00 (much smaller percentage increase.)

I seem to desire a non-linear percentage boost, that goes from something like 600% to 15%, applied to least expensive to most expensive.

I tried the To These Products: Less Than and similar options, in a few steps, then some manual tweaking, but the prices run into each other between steps. For example, after one batch application to low priced items, they get bumped into a higher level and my next batch is going to catch them too.

Or sometimes I get some items logically out-of-whack with each other. ("Smaller" items more expensive than "larger" items.)

My kingdom for a formula builder, where I can string a few parameters together for each batch application.

Any math/process genius out there who can figure this out, using the batch options available?
(Of course, I could have manually priced everything in the time it took to write this :-)