Watermark question

PeacePeace Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited April 26, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hello,

I am curious as how to handle this type of situation. We all want to protect our work. Thats a given statement. BUT - lets say someone wanted to purchase a picture of mine from my website and wants it to me an 8x10 glossy. The person will go thru the motions of purchase but will notice that the watermark I have on the photo is still there and will be purchased with the watermark on the photo. What if he or she doesn't want the watermark on the photo and then ops out of purchasing the photo and then I loose a purchase. Thats not good. Isn't there an option or way around this without having to remove all my watermarks that are on my pictures so that a person will not be bothered by a watermark? Why cant the picture be watermarked on the back of the photo after purchase - that would then show:

1. I took the photo
2. Where to go get it again or others photos like it
3. Copyright my work...etc etc..

I am not sure if I am setup correctly - maybe I haven't enabled something on my end to allow this feature if it exist.

I currently have the right click feature enabled to prevent someone from copying the pictures but we all know if they want to copy it then can other ways around that idea. But I don't want to loose a customer because my watermark is on the front of the picture. But I don't want to open myself up to not having a watermark on the front of my pictures. So I am not sure what to do - or how to handle this correctly. Any ideas???

Thanks,

Sam
Equipment Canon 60D | Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/50 | 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM| 100mm f/2.8 EF USM Macro |70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro| 430EX II
Sam Fowler | Photography

Comments