Options

WTB: Alien Bees B400 or B800

GKR1GKR1 Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
edited April 27, 2011 in The Kitchen Sink
If you have an extra Alien Bees B400 / B800 please let me know what you have. Looking for clean, low mileage unit for a fair price. Not Ebay prices.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2011
    What do you call fair price?? to help out a prospective seller you might want to say what you're willing to pay..............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited April 27, 2011
    Fair price is subjective, it depends on a lot of things. For example, if AB 400 strobe is $224 brand new with 2 year warranty and extra 10% off for students. Then why would anyone would pay $200 for a used unit that has changed hands few times?! and its at Half-life. Ebay costs sellers to sell and list, however, on boards there are no selling commission, that should also be accounted for. Folks think that since ebay prices are X amount they should get the same amount on boards. Buying used is about saving money and taking a chance and not about paying top dollar and also taking a chance on used electrical unit.

So my fair price for a like new AB400 is $170 and $200 for AB800.
  • Options
    namebrandonnamebrandon Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    Wow, sounds like you're in it for the long-haul if you're looking for those prices..good luck, and I hope you have some patience! :)
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2011
    Wow, sounds like you're in it for the long-haul if you're looking for those prices..good luck, and I hope you have some patience! :)

Not really, b400 sold on ebay for $140 recently. I also walked on a b800 for $225 to my door.
  • Options
    Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    GKR1 wrote: »
    Not really, b400 sold on ebay for $140 recently. I also walked on a b800 for $225 to my door.

Was saving the $25 worth waiting however many extra weeks you're going to be going without the light? That's time you could be practicing and improving your craft, or better yet making money if you do this professionally. I'm all for getting a great deal, but I just don't see the logic in that.

But it's your money, and you can spend it as you wish, of course.
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2011
    I really want the b400, b800 is too much power for my use. I already have x1600 for outside.

Absolutely you are right, I will buy a new one next week if I do not find what I want.