Options

SOLD: Mint Canon !7-40 L f/4

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited October 3, 2005 in Flea Market
brand new in box with all docs!!!
While this is an excellent ultra-wide zoom lens for analogue (film) SLR cameras, this lens is especially well suited for digital SLR cameras which usually have an imaging sensor size smaller than the 35mm format. When used with such digital SLR cameras these focal lengths can give an angle of view approximately equivalent to that of a 28-70mm lens used on a 35mm camera, which makes it the ideal standard zoom lens.

All of the "L" lenses deliver optical performance equal to similiar fixed focal length lenses, and the USM lenses do this with silent, high-speed focusing. Distortions and aberrations are remarkably small for a lens of such amazing capabilities.

Key Features

shim.gifRear gelatin filter slot accepts up to three gel filters, allowing for a multitude of different combinations

shim.gifLens retains the popular 77mm filter size shared by other Canon "L" zoom lenses

shim.gifLens uses three aspheric elements of two different types, while Super UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) glass is used to prevent the chromatic aberrations that often can degrade the subject edge clarity

shim.gifEntirely internal focusing and zooming movement

shim.gifDust and moisture resistance is equal to the professional levels of the EOS 1-V and 1-D cameras

shim.gifCircular aperture diaphragm produces brilliant out-of-focus characteristics

one price for everyone, shipping included in continental USA!

$629.95

Comments

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    I am thinking of possibly getting rid of my 10-22 and using this instead. I am trying to consolidate my lenses to ones I will actually use all the time. I would be left with the following if my plans work out:

Canon 17-40mmL f/4 (replacing 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 and 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS)
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 70-200mmL f/2.8 IS
    Canon 400mm f/5.6 (still working on this one)
    Canon 1.4x TC (selling my 2x TC shortly)

How does this lens work on the 20D? I keep thinking I'm going to miss the 10mm on the 10-22, but is the 10 really that much wider than the 17?

I would mainly be using the 17-40 for candids/"snapshots" and to a lesser extent landscapes. Any help is appreciated.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    gluwater wrote:
    but is the 10 really that much wider than the 17?

A LOT wider glu.
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    A LOT wider glu.
    I thought so, but was trying to convince myself otherwise. Thanks Gus

Here is a dumb question. Does 10-22mm on an EF-S lens mean it is actually 10-22mm with the crop factor?
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    sold !!!!!

windoze wrote:
    brand new in box with all docs!!!
    While this is an excellent ultra-wide zoom lens for analogue (film) SLR cameras, this lens is especially well suited for digital SLR cameras which usually have an imaging sensor size smaller than the 35mm format. When used with such digital SLR cameras these focal lengths can give an angle of view approximately equivalent to that of a 28-70mm lens used on a 35mm camera, which makes it the ideal standard zoom lens.

All of the "L" lenses deliver optical performance equal to similiar fixed focal length lenses, and the USM lenses do this with silent, high-speed focusing. Distortions and aberrations are remarkably small for a lens of such amazing capabilities.

Key Features

shim.gifRear gelatin filter slot accepts up to three gel filters, allowing for a multitude of different combinations

shim.gifLens retains the popular 77mm filter size shared by other Canon "L" zoom lenses

shim.gifLens uses three aspheric elements of two different types, while Super UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) glass is used to prevent the chromatic aberrations that often can degrade the subject edge clarity

shim.gifEntirely internal focusing and zooming movement

shim.gifDust and moisture resistance is equal to the professional levels of the EOS 1-V and 1-D cameras

shim.gifCircular aperture diaphragm produces brilliant out-of-focus characteristics

one price for everyone, shipping included in continental USA!

$629.95