Options

Any Sony DSC F828 Owners? Need Help! 56K Warning Sorry

PUREVILPUREVIL Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited July 14, 2004 in Cameras
Hey whats up? I just got this camera about 7 days ago. I like it so far and I'm having fun trying out all the different features. One thing I noticed is that all my pics look a lil wide, like they are stretched just a hair... I spent a few hours looking through the manual and I cant figure it out. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? When I took some pics of my car, my car looked wider IMO.

Here are some very early pics..... when I looked at them everything seemed wide to me. Also these were taken with the 3 Megapixel setting, not the 3:2 setting. I didn't resize them, so sorry about the size. Anyways I'm very new to photography and I'd like to learn more about it so please if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00127.JPG

When I put them in photoshop I noticed if I shrunk them by 50 pixels or so they appear not to be distroted. I've been asking all over the net and no one seems to reply, I think its cuz they dont know the answer. So I hope someone here can help me solve this problem or explain what I'm doing wrong or give me pointers for the future.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2004
    nothing wrong with the aspect ratio here, i see that they are 4:3, as they should be.

why not shoot at the highest quality setting, the camera produces fantastic images at 8mpx ...

cheers

andy

PUREVIL wrote:
    Hey whats up? I just got this camera about 7 days ago. I like it so far and I'm having fun trying out all the different features. One thing I noticed is that all my pics look a lil wide, like they are stretched just a hair... I spent a few hours looking through the manual and I cant figure it out. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? When I took some pics of my car, my car looked wider IMO.

Here are some very early pics..... when I looked at them everything seemed wide to me. Also these were taken with the 3 Megapixel setting, not the 3:2 setting. I didn't resize them, so sorry about the size. Anyways I'm very new to photography and I'd like to learn more about it so please if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

When I put them in photoshop I noticed if I shrunk them by 50 pixels or so they appear not to be distroted. I've been asking all over the net and no one seems to reply, I think its cuz they dont know the answer. So I hope someone here can help me solve this problem or explain what I'm doing wrong or give me pointers for the future.
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2004
    andy wrote:
    nothing wrong with the aspect ratio here, i see that they are 4:3, as they should be.

why not shoot at the highest quality setting, the camera produces fantastic images at 8mpx ...

cheers

andy

Yea I checked and the ratio is 4:3 it just looks like everything is wider than it should be. Like some kind of lense distrotion, like I was using a wide angle lense or something. When I took pics with my old DSC 505 I felt everything was proportioned correctly, but with my 828 everything is wider! I bought a tripod and used it to take pics at 28, 35, and 50, and approx 60 and they still look wider than normal. I'm assuming that those numbers on top of the lense are mm? Hmmm more testing I guess. :D
  • Options
    spinkspink Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2004
    pix look great to me...

Why not take picture of somthing like a brick wall where you have vertical and horizontal lines, take it into pshop and use ruler lines to see if there is any distortion.
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2004
    spink wrote:
    pix look great to me...

Why not take picture of somthing like a brick wall where you have vertical and horizontal lines, take it into pshop and use ruler lines to see if there is any distortion.

I could... lucky me I have one at my parents house :D Jeez Spink why didn't I just ask on BCSB instead of here since all you do is reply to my posts! Laughing.gif Just kidding man.
  • Options
    jimfjimf Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2004
    spink wrote:
    pix look great to me...

Circles work nicely. I see no significant distortion on the wheels on the truck above.

The NSX does look wide, but it's supposed to look wide :-).
    jim frost
    jimf@frostbytes.com
  • Options
    spinkspink Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2004
    PUREVIL wrote:
    I could... lucky me I have one at my parents house :D Jeez Spink why didn't I just ask on BCSB instead of here since all you do is reply to my posts! Laughing.gif Just kidding man.
    hah, we have to stick together. Once I get the 300D, then I will have more to contribute.

well, since this is a car thread, Ill post this crappy pic because it's kinda cool

DSC05481.sized.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2004
    spink wrote:
    hah, we have to stick together. Once I get the 300D, then I will have more to contribute.

well, since this is a car thread, Ill post this crappy pic because it's kinda cool

DSC05481.sized.jpg

That is kinda cool.... when you get the new camera retake the shot so the truck is in focus and the bg is blurried Laughing.gif