Watermark on digital downloads

kevingearykevingeary Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
Is there a way to make it so that when my client downloads the 1MP images it has a watermark on them?

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    Hi Kevin,

We don't currently have that option but keep an eye on the release notes blog: http://news.smugmug.com. You might find what you're looking for in the future. Currently you would need to have the watermark on the image that you upload. But that would also print on physical print orders so I would not suggest that unless you are using Proof Delay and will replace the image on print orders.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • kevingearykevingeary Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2011
    gluwater wrote: »
    Hi Kevin,

We don't currently have that option but keep an eye on the release notes blog: http://news.smugmug.com. You might find what you're looking for in the future. Currently you would need to have the watermark on the image that you upload. But that would also print on physical print orders so I would not suggest that unless you are using Proof Delay and will replace the image on print orders.

This is a hugely needed feature. When we allow people to download our images, they're likely to put them on Facebook, etc. We need branding on those pictures that they're sharing!!!!!

Can you put this "on the list" somewhere?
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2011
    Hi Kevin,

Would you mind adding it to our feedback pages:
    http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug
    That way other users can vote and comment on your suggestion and we can keep track of all suggestions made.

Thanks!

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • brjphotobrjphoto Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011
    What I do:

Allow each client no more than 4 low resolution files for Facebook/blogs etc. They make those requests by email and I have an export preset in Lightroom that sizes for Facebook and adds a watermark. I then email those files to the client.

I don't like allowing them to download their own low res files, because they usually take more than appropriate. Nothing worse than seeing a client with all 30 photos from a shoot as a facebook gallery. It really lowers the impact.

Then I just turn off digital downloads in the gallery and forget about it. If clients choose to steal low res files using screen grabs or the like, then those files are already watermarked through smugmug.

Just my 2 cents.
    kevingeary wrote: »
    This is a hugely needed feature. When we allow people to download our images, they're likely to put them on Facebook, etc. We need branding on those pictures that they're sharing!!!!!

Can you put this "on the list" somewhere?
  • oceanthrstyoceanthrsty Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011