Couple of holiday landscapes - rape seed fields

Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
edited May 1, 2011 in Landscapes
Took these last week while on a canal boat holiday with friends last week. I had to be a good boy and not shoot too much so just grabbed a few.

IMG_4558.jpg

IMG_4570.jpg

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    Wow, what gorgeous color! The first shot is just a bit tilted, but I am loving the second one... particularly the branches framing the top.
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    wow, these leap right out at you!! I scrolled a bit too fast and thought somehow that the bottom of #1 was part of the top of #2. It was kind of cool.
  • ashruggedashrugged Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    mark, I am loving #2, The tree is too far and small in the first picture. Great scene and photo.
  • JimW396JimW396 Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2011
    Mark, both shots are great. Shot #1 definitely gives the feeling of the vastness of the area. Love it.
    Shot #2 is fantastic. Great composition. You nailed that one.
  • Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2011
    Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Schmoo, that was the angle on the field, I had my spirit level in to be sure it was vertical but I agree it does feel off with the slight hill. When I got to the location of the 2nd one I knew that it should give a great result and I wasn't disappointed :)

I don't really do landscapes so I'm very pleased how well they came out :)

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2011
    I say right on to #2, really nice framing and set up for this shot. Love the colors of course. You didn't shoot these out of the boat did you?
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 1, 2011
    Beautiful! I love #2. Rape seed fields are so scenic, and combined with start blue skies and framed by tree branches the photo can't go wrong. thumb.gif

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com