Are these pixels "dead" or "hot"?

pward76pward76 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited April 27, 2011 in Cameras
Just got my D3 back from Nikon and am seeing two small dots on every picture (enlarged via crop below). Are these dead or stuck pixels and what, besides cloning them out of every picture I take from now on, can be done about them?

dead%20hot%20pixels-XL.jpg

These dots were most definitely not there when the camera went in.

Thanks!

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited April 27, 2011
    What service did the camera require when you sent it to Nikon for repair?

Be sure to send Nikon an e-mail letting them know that you now have a new problem. You need to document the problem with them ASAP.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • pward76pward76 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    What service did the camera require when you sent it to Nikon for repair?

Be sure to send Nikon an e-mail letting them know that you now have a new problem. You need to document the problem with them ASAP.

The shutter malfunctioned and when that happened, it scratched the sensor. This a new one. So , dead or hot? how do I describe it to them?
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited April 27, 2011
    pward76 wrote: »
    The shutter malfunctioned and when that happenned, it scratched the sensor. This a new one.

It would appear that either they introduced some dust onto the new sensor and/or they forgot to map out the stuck/dead pixels. This should be covered if you send it back immediately.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • pward76pward76 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    It would appear that either they introduced some dust onto the new sensor and/or they forgot to map out the stuck/dead pixels. This should be covered if you send it back immediately.

thanks!