Options

Thanks Smugmug!!!

sellissellis Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited May 2, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
I just want to put out a big THANK YOU to Smugmug! They saved my butt and made me a couple hundred dollars the other day.
One of my 2007 clients emailed me to purchase a disc of all their wedding photos for their anniversary which is today. No problem, I keep old files on old hard drives and dvds in my safe. The safe has a combination lock and an additional key lock, but we don't engage the key lock because we can't find the key! I accidentally engaged it when I went to open the safe, so I can't open it!!! Back to SM, download the gallery, burn the disc, and get my check! :clap I also ordered a key from the safe company!

I used to use another service that only uploaded low-res files that you replaced with the full res files when someone placed an order. I've always uploaded the full size files to SM and always will! It's a great insurance policy. It's the second time I've had to download the entire gallery!

Thanks Smugmug for a GREAT service! :bow
Sam

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2011
    Woop! Thanks for the props, glad it all worked out well thumb.gif
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2011
    I'm right there with you, Sam. If I have a client emailing me for a specific photo or wanting something retouched, I've often used the download button and done it for them during my break at my "day" job and been able to provide a fast turn around time. And the "Download Gallery" button has been AMAZING for my clients tagging their favorites from events when they order an album. I just download what they've marked and start with those photos for their albums. It is so much easier than sorting them out myself. Love, love, love SmugMug! iloveyou.gif
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User