Reading a book...

jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
edited May 1, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
A candid shot of a lady reading a book while waiting for her kid in the pool. This was shot inside the Seaworld compound in San Antonio, Texas. Thank you very much for viewing.

5669738629_d2edc27a9e_b.jpg

Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens set at 70mm, Exposure at ISO 200, f4.5 at 1/500 of a second, Matrix metering in Aperture Priority Mode, Edited in Lightroom 3.
Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Carmelo75Carmelo75 Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2011
    Very nice light and BW processing. The whole scene feels very natural and relaxed... clap.gifthumb

I think the shot would have been even better without the fence in the background, and maybe with a smaller dof to separate the planes, but.. hey, if we were removing all the annoying fences around we would all meet in jail :D!

Andrea.
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2011
    Carmelo75 wrote: »
    Very nice light and BW processing. The whole scene feels very natural and relaxed... clap.gifthumb

I think the shot would have been even better without the fence in the background, and maybe with a smaller dof to separate the planes, but.. hey, if we were removing all the annoying fences around we would all meet in jail :D!

Andrea.

That was funny, Andrea. Hehehe. I think I can do that on another edit using an artificial bokeh. I have to extract her first so the bokeh would look natural. A little bit of work but doable with 3 cups of black coffee. rolleyes1.gif As always, thanks for viewing! thumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2011
    I like that you chose to do this in BW. As for the fence. I think it adds to the photo. Symbolism -- baby confined in a stroller -- adult confined behind a fence.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 1, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    That was funny, Andrea. Hehehe. I think I can do that on another edit using an artificial bokeh. I have to extract her first so the bokeh would look natural. A little bit of work but doable with 3 cups of black coffee. rolleyes1.gif As always, thanks for viewing! thumb.gif
    Maybe just mask out the sharpening of the background? ne_nau.gif