Options

Tell Me Again . . .

IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
edited May 3, 2011 in Sports
. . why girls don't wear helmets?? Breast cancer awareness night (hence the pink sox.)
i-DFjGqR3-XL.jpg
John :
Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.

Comments

• Options
    David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2011
    Icebear wrote: »
    . . why girls don't wear helmets?? Breast cancer awareness night (hence the pink sox.)
    i-DFjGqR3-XL.jpg

I wonder why they don't just let them wear helmets and play, the freeze tag feeling to girls lacrosse is such a downer sometimes. The worst part and you can probably attest to this as well is those girls get hit a ton in the head and it is never called. I see it through my lens all the time..

Really nice shot..
  • Options
    edited April 29, 2011
    The worst part and you can probably attest to this as well is those girls get hit a ton in the head and it is never called. I see it through my lens all the time..

Really nice shot..
    Actually David, the game officials around here are pretty good. They tend to allow play to continue when they can apply the advantage rule, but they are careful about protecting the girls' safety. A foul was actually called on this play. I've discussed the matter with some refs and coaches, and they seem pretty unanimous that the US Lacrosse Womens Rules as they exist mean the womens' game is one of more finesse than the mens' game, and they like it that way. Me . . . I like the mens' game. But I'd never tell a womens' coach that mwink.gif. Oh, thanks for your appreciation.
    John :
  • Options
    VitaminVVitaminV Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2011
    The girl's game is supposed to be about boundaries and restraint. I know they're trying, at least out west, to crack down on hits to the head. The refs are instructed that any hit to the head is an automatic yellow card, and multiple yellows can lead to game suspensions. Even with the crack down, they don't call it nearly enough.

Nothing like a good stick check though.

My Stick Was There A Second Ago
    jess0001-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2011
    Get a grip, girl.
    John :