Options

Boy I Could Use Some Help,,

DilemmaDilemma Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited April 30, 2011 in Finishing School
I shot approximately 200 photos in JPEG format Monday evening. After the shoot, I transfered all of them onto my hard drive. (Windows based machine)

I then opened Bridge in CS4, and made some initial adjustments in Camera Raw. I clicked the "Done" button, which saved my edits.

So far, so good, UNTIL I opened Windows Explorer. My plan was to copy them all to a CD after the first edits. To my suprize, the images in Explorer were not showing the edits I made in Bridge. :dunno

What is happening? I want my edits in Bridge to change the original file on my hard drive so I can copy them to a CD.

I'm stumped.

IMG_8649-Web.jpg

Here is one of the shots from the shoot. I hope someone can help,,,

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2011
    OK, I don't understand. If you shot in jpeg, why are you futzing around with Camera Raw? Wynchya shoot in RAW in the first place?
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    DilemmaDilemma Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited April 29, 2011
    Icebear wrote: »
    OK, I don't understand. If you shot in jpeg, why are you futzing around with Camera Raw? Wynchya shoot in RAW in the first place?
    I like some of the adjustments in Camera Raw. I dunno,,,,,,,,,, ne_nau.gif

Any idea how to resolve my issue?

BTW, my photo looks a LOT different here than it does just about everywhere else. (A side issue, I know)
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited April 30, 2011
    Hitting Done only saves the new meta-data containing the Camera Raw editing instructions. It does not actually change the pixels in the JPG, and Windows Explorer does not know how to use the meta-data. You need to save the files in ACR or open them in Photoshop and save them.