Options

Worried about Lightroom 3 and Prophoto rgb

jwtruth35jwtruth35 Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited April 30, 2011 in Finishing School
I just noticed that Lightroom changes the color space to Prophoto color space when I went to send an image into CS5. Since the printing companies I use want sRGB color space, I'm worried that all the images I correct in LR will be in this color space and won't look quite right when ordering from these companies.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I'm a noob especially when it comes to Lightroom (I just got it recently) and I love all the things you can get done in the program but this worries me.

Also to anyone that can point me in the right direction, I am learning things pretty well I think but if there's too much tech talk in your answer I might not be sure what you mean.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide by clearing this up.

Mark

Comments

• Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2011
    Doesn't matter that the editing space is ProPhoto. What matters is the export space. Edit in ProPhoto for maximum color control, then when you are ready to create the final files to send out, you Export new copies to a folder with the color space set to sRGB. Then everything is OK.

If you are creating the finals from Photoshop, you can always do a Convert to Profile to sRGB. If from Lightroom, then you just set sRGB in the Export dialog. If you have a lot to do, I'd just track the Photoshop files in Lightroom so you can bulk select and export them to sRGB copies in a few seconds. Click, click, done, send.
  • Options
    jwtruth35jwtruth35 Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2011
    colourbox wrote: »
    Doesn't matter that the editing space is ProPhoto. What matters is the export space. Edit in ProPhoto for maximum color control, then when you are ready to create the final files to send out, you Export new copies to a folder with the color space set to sRGB. Then everything is OK.

If you are creating the finals from Photoshop, you can always do a Convert to Profile to sRGB. If from Lightroom, then you just set sRGB in the Export dialog. If you have a lot to do, I'd just track the Photoshop files in Lightroom so you can bulk select and export them to sRGB copies in a few seconds. Click, click, done, send.

Thank you colourbox. Now I can get to work without sweating this.