Birds

Carmelo75Carmelo75 Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
edited May 1, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
We have recently been visiting a local kind of zoo, where they have a lot of trained birds and where they heal blessed animals... a good occasion to change a bit from my usual subjects!

Here are a couple of shots that I particularly liked:

5671891960_747a080ab2_b.jpg

5671325579_f2a3097e2a_b.jpg

During the day they organized also a spectacle with free birds flying around, a quite impressive experience, especially when we had big vultures passing at less then one meter above our heads... at that point I tried to take some shots of the birds in flight, just to find out that its a damn difficult exercise...

I could nevertheless get away with a couple of sufficiently sharp shots. Here they are:

5671892094_7edac964a8_b.jpg

5671892146_bc236a95bb_b.jpg

Any C&C is very much appreciated as usual.

Thanks for looking. Andrea.

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2011
    Beautiful photos. The owl is fantastic thumb.gif
  • Carmelo75Carmelo75 Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Beautiful photos. The owl is fantastic thumb.gif

Mary, thank you for looking!

Andrea.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2011
    Hi Andrea......

1. The BIF shots are good. I have tried it and it ain't easy... If I get a BIF I can show I consider myself lucky.....

2. The second picture is a good picture....but cutting part of the feet off "I think" hurts the composition...... I have done the same think shooting horses. I open up the picture and the hooves are goneheadscratch.gif

3. In the first photo the out of focus bird competes with the center of interest..Even numbers general do not make for a good composition... 2 4 6 not so good 1 3 5 much better.... Are you aware of the rule of thirds.......???? If not you might want to Google it........

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.........:Dgary
  • Carmelo75Carmelo75 Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2011
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Hi Andrea......

1. The BIF shots are good. I have tried it and it ain't easy... If I get a BIF I can show I consider myself lucky.....

2. The second picture is a good picture....but cutting part of the feet off "I think" hurts the composition...... I have done the same think shooting horses. I open up the picture and the hooves are goneheadscratch.gif

3. In the first photo the out of focus bird competes with the center of interest..Even numbers general do not make for a good composition... 2 4 6 not so good 1 3 5 much better.... Are you aware of the rule of thirds.......???? If not you might want to Google it........

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.........:Dgary

I admit that I felt very stupid when I saw the cut feets :whip... yet I much liked the B&W conversion and decided to post it anyhow...

About #1, I like to break rules, sometimes it works, sometimes not... ne_nau.gifdunno

Thanks a lot for commenting and suggesting, I really appreciate.

Andrea.