Two Classic Cars

kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
edited May 2, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I know I haven't been posting here in.. several weeks. I threw out my back lifting some stuff and was unable to get out of bed for a while, and was slow getting around recovering.:cry I'm mostly recovered now though so I can at least walk around and get out of the house some now.:D The other couple weeks I was staying home playing Portal 2 on the PC.... And being lazy!:D But I'll make it up to ya'll with some rare classic cars.. how about that?

On to the pictures.....

First car: A 1925 Packard. Yes I got permission from the two owners seen in the pictures before photo'ing this, and got some information about it from them. It's a show car and it's won a few awards in shows for them, and it runs and drives normally as well.

The second car: A 1974 - 1977 Toyota Celica 2000 GT Liftback (No way to really be sure on the year). The Toyota I found in a random parking lot, and I have no idea who the owner is, so out of respect to whom ever they are, I covered up the license plate for the rear shot.

You can click on any of these for a very large full-detailed view, if you so wish to.

5671928328_5f70846867_b.jpg

5671928340_4e5e05d2a5_b.jpg

And now the Toyota.

5671928346_7c93317105_b.jpg

5671928348_11d8d97d66_b.jpg

Both cars shot with my Tamron lens in my signature.
C&C Welcome.
Sony Alpha SLT-A35 16.5 MP DSLR
Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 F/4.5-5.6
Minolta AF Zoom 35-70 F/3.5-4.5
Places I post my work DeviantArt & FLICKR

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2011
    Good catch of these two cars. In spite of their age difference, I've personally seen quite a few more old Packards than this model of Toyota.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2011
    Nice photos of some nice cars. But I've never understood the practice of covering up license plates in car photos. We see thousands of license plates in plain public view every day and they don't tell us anything about the owner. So why cover them up in photos ne_nau.gif ?
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2011
    Nice photos of some nice cars. But I've never understood the practice of covering up license plates in car photos. We see thousands of license plates in plain public view every day and they don't tell us anything about the owner. So why cover them up in photos ne_nau.gif ?
    Because in photos it's a static placement of the object (the car) that never changes, and is typically viewable for a long period of time that anyone could quickly find and locate... I don't know, it's just common courtesy.

Good catch of these two cars. In spite of their age difference, I've personally seen quite a few more old Packards than this model of Toyota.

Tom
    And yep, the 'classic' Packards and other cars of that era, it's not uncommon to see em around because people restore em for car shows, but probably not so much the `70's Toyota. I personally really like the Lift-Back look of the older Toyota. It looks kinda like the old Fast-Back mustangs, and I think it was Toyota's attempt to compete with the popularity of the American Muscle Car (The Mustang) at the time.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2011
    Nice looking cars. Like the shots :D
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2011
    Nice catch. I look for compositions like #2, remove the people then add some pp to age the photo, and you end up with a cool art piece.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
    edited May 1, 2011
    BeachBill wrote: »
    Nice catch. I look for compositions like #2, remove the people then add some pp to age the photo, and you end up with a cool art piece.

I'm not very good with PP yet... still learning that part, so probably won't be removing the people from em. Although personally I kind of liked the people there, them being older and owning an older car kind of 'fits' i think.

Dogdots wrote: »
    Nice looking cars. Like the shots

Thanks for the comments. I usually try and find 50+ year old cars, and lacking those, just settle for the really rare ones. :)
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2011
    kithylin wrote: »
    I'm not very good with PP yet... still learning that part, so probably won't be removing the people from em. Although personally I kind of liked the people there, them being older and owning an older car kind of 'fits' i think.

Ah, my fault for not being clear. I meant to make the image without the people present or at least with them inside the vehicle so their very modern apparel wouldn't be so obvious.

A bit of vintage pp via presets or whatever and you would have an image that could have been captured 60+ years ago.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
    edited May 2, 2011
    BeachBill wrote: »
    Ah, my fault for not being clear. I meant to make the image without the people present or at least with them inside the vehicle so their very modern apparel wouldn't be so obvious.

A bit of vintage pp via presets or whatever and you would have an image that could have been captured 60+ years ago.

Ahh I understand what you were saying now. It didn't even cross my mind at first to try and make it look like a photo from that era, until you said something here with the reply. That's a neat idea.. I could maybe do it from the other view where it shows them inside a bit, maybe.