Options

BD party setup

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited May 3, 2011 in People
I went to shoot a BD party "formals" Friday night. My initial intention was to go with the HK setup since it provides a "studio" look-and-feel at a minimum hassle. However, the venue turned out to be too tight, there was no way I could fit the backdrop and two 2x4s to blast it without creating a serious hazard for my subjects. So I had to stick with the front main light only. Luckily, the restaurant had a nice brick wall, so it wasn't too bad afterall.

86" PLM - again - turned out to be a great piece of gear :-)
I could easily accomodate for singles, couples, trios, etc up to, probably a dozen, if not 15, people (the actual max was 6, I'm just saying I could've).

1271606797_zwWS2Ph-XL.jpg
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2011
    You can say it wasn't to bad, but without photos.......................ne_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gif

Sam
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    You can say it wasn't to bad, but without photos.......................ne_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gif
    Sam
    Okay, okay.. Here's a sample:

1271193079_JKc2TKM-XL.jpg

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
  • Options
    jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2011
    Did you pre-focus and fire the camera remotely? It doesn't look like there was room for you to squeeze in there.
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2011
    jpc wrote: »
    Did you pre-focus and fire the camera remotely? It doesn't look like there was room for you to squeeze in there.
    I was refocusing often as I shot at f/5.6, each group deviated from the spot, sometimes by a foot, and didn't want to "miss the eyes":-)
    I was able to squeeze my head over there for a quick focus check.
    However the actual shooting was done via Canon remote and in MF.deal.gif
  • Options
    jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2011
    mf.. Ooooooohh bowdown.gif