A few days in Shenzhen - China

Ty SheersTy Sheers Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited June 27, 2011 in Journeys
xxx

Comments

• Options
    edited May 5, 2011
    Some fun tilt shifting a shot I took at Windows of the World Shenzhen.

imgp0284_76_77_780_81_83-2-edit-XL.jpg

And another one taken at Lowu Railway Station

imgp9357-edit-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2011
    This was taken through thick glass hand held but it certainly has that Blade Runner feel I was talking about.

imgp9404-edit-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2011
    This is actually a tunnel coming back into Hong Kong but I am quite happy with how it has turned out. Anybody have any critique please? ;)

imgp1291-edit-XL.jpg
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    The motion shots are nicely executed. I think you'll find that most tier-1 cities in China have a grungy Blade Runner feel to them. Contrasted with Tokyo, which is absolutely spotless. The thing I'm missing in these for a Journey are a few closer "real life" shots of the people. The tilt-shift images don't really do that for me. Did you get around some of the side streets while you were there?

ps. I've stayed exactly where you took those shots several times (Shangri-la hotel).
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2011
    thanks for feedback :)
  • Options
    theprincereturnstheprincereturns Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    The motion shots are great! I liked the tilt shift ones as well. I do agree that some close up shots would be nice, and would serve to make the others seem even grander.
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    On my first visit to China, I arrived in Shanghai, and took the train immediately south to Hangzhou. I arrived there about 9.30pm. I got a taxi from the station to a hotel. It was late summer, and a steady rain was falling out of a very black sky. As the taxi drove through the streets, the lights from the shops penetrated the wet window glass, and lit the stream of pedestrians on the sidewalk. It was a nip neat of that intoxicating atmosphere in Blade Runner. Never forgot.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix