Just another sunset in Tracy

SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited May 2, 2011 in Landscapes
Went out sunset hunting in clear skies, fun fun, and found this little spot just on the edge of town.

What can I do to improve next time?

Date Taken: 2011-04-30 19:49:49
Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Exposure Time: 0.2s (1/5)
Aperture: f/8
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 10mm (16mm in 35mm)
Flash: flash did not fire
Metering: center weighted average
Exposure Program: manual
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Exposure Mode: manual
White Balance: manual
Color Space: AdobeRGB
Tripod: Benbo Trekker MK3
Accessory: Flash Hotshoe 3-Way Spirit Level

tracy_sunset-XL.jpg

Comments

• annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 2, 2011
    Whoa, beautiful scenery and light! You balanced the amount of ground and sky nicely. I would only keep the tripod legs out of the photo - here you will have to clone them out because cropping the photo would bring the sun too close to the edge of the photo. And when I have a relatively uniform foreground (grass or field or sea), I look for something to break the pattern, something to draw my eyes to it and to give depth to the picture, be it a rock, a fence, a different pattern in the field, a flower. Sometimes there is nothing to be found, but I try to move around a bit until I find something. Maybe in this photo you could use the path in the field? But still, the light in this photo is simply amazing. thumb.gif

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2011
    annnna8888 wrote: »
    I would only keep the tripod legs out of the photo
    Huh?ne_nau.gif
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 2, 2011
    Huh?ne_nau.gif

Bottom right in the photo? Looks like tripod legs, but I might be wrong and it's something else? A fence? headscratch.gif

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2011
    annnna8888 wrote: »
    Bottom right in the photo? Looks like tripod legs, but I might be wrong and it's something else? A fence? headscratch.gif

Ana
    Yeah, barbed wire.