1966 Ford Galaxie 500

DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
edited May 4, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Car was purchased in Nov 1965 by Mabel
Car was transferred in early 1970's to Isabelle (Mabel's sister after her death)
Car was purchased in 1982 by my parents
Car was purchased in 1994 by ME for $1.00

I would post a 1980's photo of me standing beside the car but I'm wearing short jean shorts, white with red ring tube socks and had HUGE glasses on. It's even embarrassing just writing it. (btw I'm a 70's kid).

Photo taken in 2006 at my hometown sesquicentennial celebration and where the car was purchased new. Car at this time had a 30+ year old dent, some cancer, paint cracking and worn, etc... old age....
106011136_avhxS-M-6.jpg

Photo taken by Ken's Classics in Maine.
1174172792_fEowW-M.jpg

1204767632_X5GVj-M.jpg

Photo taken this past weekend after some Black Magic Wet Diamond polish. And yes, Mary (dogdots) told me I need to return to that spot when the trees get more leaves.
galaxie%20-%20auburn%20drive%20apartnemts%208x10-M.jpg

Comments

• chickendropchickendrop Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2011
    Oh my. That is my dream car!! Let me know if you ever want to trade for a kidney or something :)
  • DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011
    Oh my. That is my dream car!! Let me know if you ever want to trade for a kidney or something :)

lol - I will do just that thumb.gif

Went to a car club meeting tonight and afterwards a few of us went to Steak n' Shake. The car even looks shiny under the stars.......
  • chickendropchickendrop Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011
    Envious!
  • oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011
    Great to see that you took good care of her. She looks great. Ill offer my two kidneys if your stuck. I hope no one can better this offer because thats all i have .lol
    Thanks for sharing that with us.

Regards
    Patrick
  • DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011
    Great to see that you took good care of her. She looks great. Ill offer my two kidneys if your stuck. I hope no one can better this offer because thats all i have .lol
    Thanks for sharing that with us.

Regards
    Patrick

Thanks

Wonder what the next offer is going to be rolleyes1.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011
    Well worth the $1 spent buying this beauty.

I'm looking forward to taking it out for a spin around town :D

As for offering kidneys and such .. I'd offer both my kidneys just to see that photo of you wearing those red ringed tube socks :D