Images at dusk at the Oysterbeds 27-28 April 2011

PeterD-2009PeterD-2009 Registered Users Posts: 618 Major grins
edited May 4, 2011 in Landscapes
I went to the Oysterbeds on the evening of 27/28 April to check all was well with the colony and thought I would take some images whilst I was there.

A word of warning, I took these images by viewing the screen display and NOT the camera viewfinder. I did this for safety as I did not want to damage my eyes. Sorry if I am saying something you already know but I thought I had better emphasize it here.

27 April - trial shoot to see how things would work out.
With the fading light, I wanted to see how the E5 performed. It is also quite a busy time for the birds - they return to their roosts at the end of a busy day fishing in the harbour.

From the Oysterbed car park

p4273625-L.jpg

At the Oysterbeds

p4273632-L.jpg

28 April - I had come to the conclusion that it would be good to get the sun's reflection in the water, at the Oysterbeds.

p4283718-L.jpg
Oystercatcher returning to its island roost.

p4283738-L.jpg
Tern arriving back from the harbour. Unlike the other birds, these fly in at higher altitude and quickly drop down onto the islands.

p4283744-L.jpg
Gull flying in to roost on the island.

thoysterbeds%20at%20dusk%20panorama-edit_filtered-L.jpg
Panorama made up from two portrait images stitched together. These make an image size of 8085x5092. Both shot hand-held.

This type of photography is pretty new to me and I wanted to explore the challenge of combining low light photography with a wildlife theme. I think I have succeeded but would be pleased to hear your constructive comments.

Comments