Options

Congratulations lkbart for the DSS #75 (What came first?) Winning Photo!

2»

Comments

• Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    divamum wrote: »
    Wow - some amazing shots. I'm way out of touch these days (RL has a way of doing that...), but do try to pop in from time to time and these are pretty jawdropping, not least of which jkbart's winning entry. And special congrats to Jenn for working through her earlier frustration - great to see hard work paying off!!! clap.gif

thanks! Everyone has been real helpful and patient with me and my frustrations, which I do appreciate. Ya'll don't know how much I appreciate your help.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    Jenn wrote: »
    Ok thanks! :D Can I still do the Mom WOW challenge, or do I have to wait for the Mega 12 to begin? :D

Oh yes! Please do participate in the MOM or WOW challenge #76. The mega does not start until round 76 is over.
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,945 moderator
    edited May 9, 2011
    Jenn, you will have company in being new to trying a mega challenge as it will my first as well. Since I managed to break my (right) foot on Wednesday, these challenges have another degree of difficulty for me just now!

Congrats again to you and the other finalists!
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2011
    sherstone wrote: »
    Oh yes! Please do participate in the MOM or WOW challenge #76. The mega does not start until round 76 is over.
    Ok .. I'll give it a try! :)
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    Jenn, you will have company in being new to trying a mega challenge as it will my first as well. Since I managed to break my (right) foot on Wednesday, these challenges have another degree of difficulty for me just now!

OUCH! I sprained my left ankle some years ago and was on crutches for like 6 months. It took that long to heal. Even now, my ankle has a bit a weakness in it. Hope you heal quickly. They say breaks heal quicker than a sprain. :)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,945 moderator
    edited May 9, 2011
    OUCH! I sprained my left ankle some years ago and was on crutches for like 6 months. It took that long to heal. Even now, my ankle has a bit a weakness in it. Hope you heal quickly. They say breaks heal quicker than a sprain. :)

Thanks, Jenn. This is my first time breaking something, and I am very glad it happened at home instead of while we were in Australia but it does complicate life! It would be more tolerable if I broke it capturing a great shot or saving a child from a burning building or something but it was just a clutzy moment. :D

Gretchen
  • Options
    Molotov EverythingMolotov Everything Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011

I've broken my right foot and sprained my left ankle twice, it really depends on the degree of the sprain. One of the sprains was nothing, just iced it, kept off it and was fine in a few days. The second time I sprained it (6 years ago I think) the swelling and bruising was just as bad as my right foot was when I broke it and it caused some permanent damage. I lost some of my range of motion in my left foot and my ankle cracks and pops a lot whereas my right recovered from the break perfectly fine and hasn't bothered me since.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    divamum wrote: »
    And special congrats to Jenn for working through her earlier frustration - great to see hard work paying off!!! clap.gif
    it is indeed rewarding to witness that!
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2011
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    Thanks, Jenn. This is my first time breaking something, and I am very glad it happened at home instead of while we were in Australia but it does complicate life! It would be more tolerable if I broke it capturing a great shot or saving a child from a burning building or something but it was just a clutzy moment. :D
    Gretchen

I've heard people say that a break isn't near as painful as a sprain and even takes less time to heal! Hopefully, that'll be your case.. not as painful and heals quickly. :)
    I've broken my right foot and sprained my left ankle twice, it really depends on the degree of the sprain. One of the sprains was nothing, just iced it, kept off it and was fine in a few days. The second time I sprained it (6 years ago I think) the swelling and bruising was just as bad as my right foot was when I broke it and it caused some permanent damage. I lost some of my range of motion in my left foot and my ankle cracks and pops a lot whereas my right recovered from the break perfectly fine and hasn't bothered me since.

I spent 6 months on crutches when I sprained my left ankle. That was 7 years ago at least and that ankle still has a weakness in it.
    angevin1 wrote: »
    it is indeed rewarding to witness that!
    Thanks! You have helped me alot along the way, too! :)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)