Autumn Photographer.

DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
edited October 3, 2005 in People
Well today was an interesting and fun day. Kasey and I went out to take some photos of the fall colors, and she showed me some aspen groves which were awe-inspiring, just stunning, I'd never seen any like it before. At least not during the fall. So as we were taking pictures I snagged this one. I think it looks great, but not sure how anyone else (including her) thinks about it.

kasey107ec.jpg

I managed to get some nice foliage shots as well of the trees and such. I'll have to post process them ASAP and post the shots up in the nature forum.

(Oh, only one bad thing happened there. I kneeled down quickly to get a different angle photo and sat on a very pointy stick, and ended up on the ground for about 2 minutes in excruciating pain, until it faded. Still hurts a little...)

Your opinions, comments, and are greatly appreciated.
Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.

Comments

• prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    and i got this one....

t9bw.jpg

...remarkable how similar they look
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    I'm going to start using my other eye to cover my face with the camera...
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    You really have to stop going shooting with her, I think Kasey is distracting you. First you fall down a hill and now you skewer your leg with a stick. Who knows what could happen next.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
    edited October 3, 2005
    It wasn't my leg. :(
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    It wasn't my leg. :(
    eek7.gif Even worst
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
    edited October 3, 2005
    Yeah... Well anyway, any suggestions on color or such, maybe the composition etc? :)
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    Hey Tyler,
    The only problem I see with this photo is the word "Nikon" in it (JK:D). I'm looking forward to seeing some of the aspen shots. I went out yesterday to look for some color up RedRock road and didn't find much yet. It didn't help that the sun decided to go away so I ended up without a picture:cry.

Looks like you found a spot with great colors. Where was this?

Thanks for the post,
    Chris

TMI (Too Much Information) regarding the stick trick. Hope you get better soon.

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

edited October 3, 2005
    Nikon-hater... ;) j/k

Nah I'm planning on switching over to Nikon. Got my hands on Fielding's (A guy I work with at Gordon's) D2X the other day. Talk about SMOOTH. It made me drool. I can't wait to get one. By the time I have the money though, the D3X will probably be out. ;P

You'll have to ask Kasey for the location. She's the one who took me there. Hehe.

Not like you haven't sat on a pin or needle or something before...
  • prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    It's down highway 88 on the way to kirkwood, down near diamond valley. you just keep driving down 88 and you'll see it. it's made us both go "WWHOOOAAA" it was pretty cool

Hey Tyler,
    The only problem I see with this photo is the word "Nikon" in it (JK:D). I'm looking forward to seeing some of the aspen shots. I went out yesterday to look for some color up RedRock road and didn't find much yet. It didn't help that the sun decided to go away so I ended up without a picture:cry.

Looks like you found a spot with great colors. Where was this?

Thanks for the post,
    Chris

TMI (Too Much Information) regarding the stick trick. Hope you get better soon.
    edited October 3, 2005
    Yeah, I really didn't know what road to take or anything. Btw 'AIM'. And remember to go to school early on Tuesday (as well as the slides).
  • StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    I LOVE that first shot - the contrast between the forest full of one almost-overwhelming yellow color and Kasey... and then back to the yellow reflected in her lens. Wow!

clap.gif

I'll agree that the only "problem" is Nikon on the strap - but not because of the brand, rather because it's yellow and messes with the above-mentioned contrast.