Options

Alternative to StarExplorer that is "fast" and can create folders etc on the fly?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    jfriend wrote: »
    I'm already using StarExplorer and I don't have issues maxing out my bandwidth (because I don't have enough bandwidth). I'm trying to optimize the reliability of unattended multi-gallery uploads (that often take more than 24 hrs) which is a bit different than the bandwidth maximizing issue you're pushing.
    Your challenge is definitely a big one too. Does SE not fulfill all the multi-gallery uploading needs? What's lacking (other than it not being native to SM)?
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    SamirD wrote: »
    Your challenge is definitely a big one too. Does SE not fulfill all the multi-gallery uploading needs? What's lacking (other than it not being native to SM)?
    SE works fine for multi-gallery uploads. It too has had some glitches/bugs and caused me to have to restart my uploads from scratch occasionally. I'm mostly just been advocating (for a zillion years now) for Smugmug to offer a built-in solution that's robust and am pleased they have made some strides in that direction. If/when they can offer something better than SE for my needs, I'll switch to it.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    Damon016Damon016 Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    SE is okay, though lacking UPFRONT which files did not go through the queue, and the ability to requre immediately and resend (IE FTP!) - Found no option there to find where they failed or went through. SPEED SPEED SPEED! But I am sure that isn't SE, it's SMUG... It's the only site (I am on) where I upload that isn't as fast as the others!
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    jfriend wrote: »
    SE works fine for multi-gallery uploads. It too has had some glitches/bugs and caused me to have to restart my uploads from scratch occasionally. I'm mostly just been advocating (for a zillion years now) for Smugmug to offer a built-in solution that's robust and am pleased they have made some strides in that direction. If/when they can offer something better than SE for my needs, I'll switch to it.
    I can understand that. What type of UI do you think would be best for a native uploader like that? I can't think of a good one and I know you're awesome at good UI. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!