D300S Viewfinder Info Display Not Working

ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
edited May 5, 2011 in Cameras
Hey, all. Has anyone had any issues with thier Nikon viewfinder info display not working, and if so, what did you do to resolve it? Warranty? Nikon service? Mine stopped working approximately 4-5 months after I purchased my camera new. I have been wanting to send it in but I have needed my camera for shoots. My only real concern is losing focus confirmation. So, like an idiot, I decided to wait until I didn't need my camera and send it in right before the warranty expired. Well, that sucks because I dropped my camera about 2 weeks ago and 1 month before warranty is expired. It didn't damage the camera other than a tiny scratch BUT I'm sure that is enough for Nikon to void the warranty completely.... even though it has nothing to do with the problem I am having. Heard they are getting good at that lately. So, does anyone know what I am looking at price wise for repair? I wish it was just something a reset would fix but I wouldn't be so lucky. I'm a little ticked that a 4-5 month old Nikon would have an issue like this. It's my fault for waiting and now I will have to pay for my mistake. Don't be like me, if you have a problem.... send it in for repair right away!

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited May 5, 2011
    I do suspect that you will need Nikon service for the camera to fix this problem. You can try a camera reset, but I doubt that a reset alone has an impact on the problem.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums