Camera Kit / Prime vs Zooms

2»

Comments

• OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2011
    pmaxwell wrote: »
    I tend to agree, but I'm waiting for prices and availability to stabilize (and potentially the 5D MKIII ):D

Stabilize? It's been a rock solid $2400 for a long time now mwink.gif ($2000 refurbed from Canon directly) The 7D is lower than it's ever been too - I got a 7D body new for $1390, and another $250-300 off when I sell the printer and gift card that it came with cause it was a rebate package.
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2011
    A 5D2 for $2400? Sarcasm? That price would be nice. I invite you to check the price at Adorama/BH.
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2011
    No, that wasn't sarcasm - it has gone up recently it seems to 2500-2700. I've checked in the past and found it for $2400 most of the time... they're even up to 2600 on Ebay now too, yikes! I got mine for $2430 in Feb. '09 with a %10 coupon from Ebay :D

I haven't gotten another coupon since :( they must have not liked paying $270 for my camera Laughing.gif

Funny, the Apple store has the lowest price at the moment:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TV751LL/A?afid=p210|frgl&cid=AOS-US-SHOP-Froogle

If you really wanna buy it from Adorma though, you can get a $35 crumb back through here no matter when you buy it:

http://www.mrrebates.com/

You get $5 for signing up, then, up to $30 back per transaction. With the %3 rebate from Adorma you'll get $30 back and after the 90 day period you can request a $35 check or have it wired to Paypal. The Apple store is a trustworthy place though if $2500 is a reasonable price for you... unless there's tax. lol.

Even for the $300 I'd still pay that premium to use the MKII with the F/4 over the F2.8 with the 40D ANY day. It'd rock your world completely. I upgraded from a Pentax K10-D (which is Pentaxs' 40D equivalent from the same year) and it blows it out of the water without leaving any evidence behind :)