The Marsh and the Sea - c/c

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited May 5, 2011 in Landscapes
Went out on a foggy, dreary day and came back with a few decent shots. Appreciate your thoughts

1 The Marsh
i-FxzGrFZ-L.jpg

2 The walkway - f/11
i-6nh7gR2-L.jpg

3 The walkway - f/2.8
i-W7sHGJz-L.jpg

4 The Sea
i-Qw3fzdd-L.jpg

Comments

• Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    Ok, remember you asked for cc. I really like your #4 image very classic, great shutter speed. The boardwalk images I really dont see too much diff. I believe I like the f11 a bit better but not by much. As to the marsh, I'm just not feeling that one, it has a good leading line but stops the eye short and I feel like there is not enough interest in the rest of the image to take the eye, unlike your boardwalk images which help move the viewer into and through the image and other elements like the picknic bench that allows the viewer ponder siting there and looking at what must be on the other side of the walk. Eyal you can rip on my images next time. lol
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    Thank you Doug!!! iloveyou.gif
    That's what I'm talking about as far as c/c clap.gif (can you tell I miss the Refinery days?). I would much rather someone tear into one of my photos than view them and go away. Seeing a read count climb past 100 with nary a response leaves me wondering if the shots are poorly composed, boring or worse.
    I'm glad you liked the sea. I discovered the other two spots in my exploration of the town I live in (as part of my blog exercise). However, I have been really struggling with how to properly capture them.
    For the walkway, I tried to get low and use f/2.8 and HDR to concentrate on the texture of the wood and rocks. There was still something missing and I can't decide if the image would be stronger with more light and clouds throwing in some shadows.
    The marsh is another tough one. Not filled enough nor with enough water for strong, interesting reflections. Surrounding it are mainly houses. Although, the carnival just came to town and I might be able to find an angle to capture that at the end. Will give the shots another try under better conditions and report back.
    Thank you again thumb.gif
    E
  • r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    I like four also. Pretty classic.

Have you tried converting 2/3 to b/w to bring out the contrast in the rocks?

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr