Camera Broke, Need Advise

newbnewb Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
edited May 6, 2011 in Cameras
Long story short, my D7000 took a spill from about waist level with my 70-200 on it. When it landed, the lens pulled the mounting ring outa the body. I got the camera at Glazers (because theyre local to me), so I called them about getting it repaired. They said it could be done no problem. My concern though, is that itll all go back togather fine but the picture quality will be affected, or that it wont function like it did before. Ive never had to have a camera repaired before so I dont what to expect. Should I just save myself the hassle and spend the extra money on a new body? Thanks.
D7000/D5000 | Nikkor Glass | SB600's | RF602's | CS5/LR3

Comments

• PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011
    No. You should get it repaired. There's no reason why the picture quality would be affected and a good repair shop will warranty their work.

Incidentally, I dropped my D7000 a few days ago. Thankfully the only damage was that the hot shoe is bent. Now I need to find a repair shop. The closest Nikon shop to me is in Pineville, NC (near Charlotte), but I've found the folks there to be quite rude.
  • newbnewb Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    Thanks!

A friend dropped one of my P&S's a while ago, and I noticed some odd colorful lines start showing up in my photos. I wasnt sure if I should expect the same thing outa my D7000.
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    I have had a number of camera worked on and they have all functioned fine after the repairs.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
    edited May 6, 2011
    Fair enough. Thanks for the input.
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    Might be all in my mind but items I have sent to Nikon repair in Escondido CA work much better than before they were damaged. D300, 17-55mm f2.8 locking ring pulled from lens after being dropped. Getting ready to send my D300 in again due to some AF problems. Original repair was a warranty 3 months after purchase. Also going to send 200mm f2 in for calibration and maintenance.
    Best of luck.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
    edited May 6, 2011
    The locking ring pulled off the lens, you mean the ring that mounts the lens to the camera? Thats my problem, only switch around lol.