Options

Isn't it too unreal? I hope you like it.

haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
edited May 10, 2011 in Weddings

Comments

• Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    beauuutiful! though it could use some straigtening
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    Two words: Stun. Ing!

The vantage point is so low, giving it a really unique perspective that few are willing or able to get. Were you lying down, or were you standing on a staircase a few feet lower than the subject?
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    beauuutiful! though it could use some straigtening

Yes! It needs straightening.... Oh, I missed it... :)
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    iloveyou.gif Beautiful!
  • Options
    wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    very nice capture....oh...and now that's a dress! Wow...very nice
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    WildViper
    From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
    Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    Just gorgeous!
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    Oh. My.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    Very nice...I'm sure some wedding magazine is looking for something just like this. It's better than a lot of the work that I've seen in How-to Wedding Books. Spot on processing and angle.

It certainly has the wow factor. And, I have to add, a nice deviation from the usual pat done-that wedding dresses.

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    Very nice lighting and exposure. My only nit is the head growing out of the brides shoulder.
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    FlyNavy wrote: »
    Very nice lighting and exposure. My only nit is the head growing out of the brides shoulder.

For me, about as bad is the left tilt of the scene.

Leveling is always a good thing unless you are doing a more deliberate Dutch Angle.

Don

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2011
    Others had the same opinion. Thanks! I need to straighten it. Also, I need to remove the head. Thanks!
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    haring wrote: »
    Others had the same opinion. Thanks! I need to straighten it. Also, I need to remove the head. Thanks!

Straightening bothers me more than the head, can you repost after you tweak it?
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2011
    I merged your two similar threads, and deleted the duplicate image post that resulted from the merging. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2011
    I just looked at your website. I see that your post here isn't your only good work. Nice, nice, nice.

Ed
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    This photo makes every penny she paid for the dress worth it.

You made your entire wedding package price on this one!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    yup, one awesome shot, just straighten it, congrats on a wonderful capture. Leave the head in.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2011
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    yup, one awesome shot, just straighten it, congrats on a wonderful capture. Leave the head in.

I agree. In this shot you have to leave the head in...otherwise, you will have an arm popping out of the left side of the bride, between the bride and the other attendant that you can fully view...and that would be a little odd.

If the head really bothers you, then you can blur it a little...say equal to the woman on the right of the bride to create a little more separation.

Ed
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    Okay, not to be the stick in the mud, but I don't think this is all that great. Beyond the tilt and the slightly awkward composition, you really have a photograph of a bride and bridesmaids walking out of a hotel. Yes, the light looks cool, yes the reflection is cool, yes the angle is cool, but it's nothing more than them walking out of the hotel. To me the strongest part of the photo is the beautiful bride/dress/flowers. Everything else is not quite there. Did you think about what you could have done here when you saw this is the viewfinder?

Have the bridesmaids get out of the frame (or set them up better), level the frame, probably center it on the bride with the two large plants on either side, quickly pose the bride in the same place and keep the perspective / dof. You'd still have to remove the "North Tower" sign, possibly the bookcase on the left, and some of the lightswitch hiding behind the plant on the right. It could really be an amazing photo.

As a side note, do you care if it's real/unreal? You're the artist :)