Options

Full Bali wedding (CnC welcome :)

bnlearlebnlearle Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
edited May 9, 2011 in Weddings
I was out in Bali (Indonesia) last week for a wedding. The bride is a wedding photographer in NYC -- so that always adds a little extra pressure :P Would love to know what you guys think : )

Plenty more photos here, if you're interested -> Bali Wedding Photographer

bali-15.jpg
bali-02.jpg
bali-08.jpg
bali-17.jpg
bali-18.jpg
bali-24.jpg
bali-14.jpg
bali-30.jpg

Full post here -> Bali Wedding Photographer

Thanks!

Come on the next one Dec 1st-14th 2011!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    Love!! iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif
    First shot looks like a toy set, very cute.
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    very nice! I like the black and whites...

My favorites are the BW ones...

Did you need to get a work permit for Bali? I will fly to shoot a wedding there this year in the fall. I just need get prepared... :)

Great photos!
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    gorgeous stuff sir!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    bnlearlebnlearle Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    ShepsMom wrote: »
    Love!! iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif
    First shot looks like a toy set, very cute.
    Thanks! That's the tilt-shift lens doing that :)
    haring wrote: »
    very nice! I like the black and whites...

My favorites are the BW ones...

Did you need to get a work permit for Bali? I will fly to shoot a wedding there this year in the fall. I just need get prepared... :)

Great photos!
    I sometimes wonder about switching to all BW shooting :)

No work permit unless you want to go through the hassle of getting one.

If you don't want to go through the hassle (which I never want to), you make sure you get a tourist visa. You make sure you say NOTHING about shooting a wedding. You make sure you can make it clear that you always bring as much gear that you're bringing anytime you travel -- and be prepared to give examples of why you need more than one flash or body (or anything else abnormal you might bring).

I've shot all over the world and Indonesia was the only place where they seemed to care more about this. They pulled me aside and went through my gear -- but I smiled and explained "oh that's for this and that's for that..." and they let go through after a minute.
    Qarik wrote: »
    gorgeous stuff sir!
    Why, thank you!
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    SHUT UP! My dream wedding location! (We had our honeymoon there ... visited Bali about 15-20 years ago for the first time (boy, I'm getting old!!) .... a LOT has changed since, but man is that the most beautiful spot on earth or what???)

Love the photos ... the only one I don't like as much is the 3rd down (bw, bride at window). She looks pregnant in the shot on the left ... ;) And I would probably soften the line under her eye in the pic on the right ... my 2 cents :D

Alright, .... I'm jealous ... if you ever have to say not to a wedding in Bali caus you're already booked send them my way ... :D
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    bnlearle wrote: »
    Thanks! That's the tilt-shift lens doing that :)

I sometimes wonder about switching to all BW shooting :)

No work permit unless you want to go through the hassle of getting one.

If you don't want to go through the hassle (which I never want to), you make sure you get a tourist visa. You make sure you say NOTHING about shooting a wedding. You make sure you can make it clear that you always bring as much gear that you're bringing anytime you travel -- and be prepared to give examples of why you need more than one flash or body (or anything else abnormal you might bring).

I've shot all over the world and Indonesia was the only place where they seemed to care more about this. They pulled me aside and went through my gear -- but I smiled and explained "oh that's for this and that's for that..." and they let go through after a minute.

Why, thank you!

Bobby, iloveyou.gif.

And that is some good information! Something I will have to use if I get pulled over if they wanna see what I am bringing to a dest. wedding.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    Inspiring stuff! Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    Bobby, iloveyou.gif.

And that is some good information! Something I will have to use if I get pulled over if they wanna see what I am bringing to a dest. wedding.

I was pretty paranoid when I went to England to shoot my first destination wedding, but they never asked anything about my Think Tank bag filled with camera gear. Some very good pointers about if you ever do get asked though, thanks for the tips!
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    I always enjoy when I see a new thread has been posted by you, Mr. Earle. Outstanding work, as usual!