Alaska

SneakerzSneakerz Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited May 6, 2011 in Landscapes
Hi guys

Got to Alaska a few days ago and got lucky with the weather today. Hope you like the pics. I would love some feedback :).. thanks for looking

IMG_1874_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

IMG_1899_900_901_tonemapped.jpg

I have more pictures but somehow my blog won't allow me to enlarge them :scratch

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    Sneakerz-

Looks like you had some great scenery to work with but for me the HDR effect really ruins these two shots. Did you use Photomatix or a different program?

In the first shot the image has a gray cast to it which is especially noticeable on the snow and the bottom left quadrant of the image.

In the 2nd image there is too much cyan in the frozen lake and too much blue on the mountain in the background. Both the left and the right side are darker then the center which is just visually off.

I would suggest reworking these as HDR as well as single images.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    I agree with Aaron, the tones and shadows are really off too, if you know how to manually blend your images then just take the areas you need from each. This looks like a great setting but Photomatix is just not doing it for me.
    t
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    I really like HDR and I like your fist photo. It is missing something though. I think it definitely needs more contrast for starters. I certainly would work with it some more as I think the setting is very nice.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95