Cool & Calm in the Smokies

CanonFanCanonFan Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
edited May 6, 2011 in Landscapes
Tremont area in the Great Smoky Mtn Nat'l Park, NC.
Capture the Light!

Franklin, NC

Comments

• Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    really lovely shot. Love your foreground rocks, nice shutter speed as well. I may have cloned out the stick in the lower right corner but maybe it adds a bit of needed tension to the image or a lead into the image.
  • CanonFanCanonFan Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    really lovely shot. Love your foreground rocks, nice shutter speed as well. I may have cloned out the stick in the lower right corner but maybe it adds a bit of needed tension to the image or a lead into the image.

Well, I figured the stick was part of the natural streamand yes, breaks up the dream effect a little.
    Thanks !
    Capture the Light!

Franklin, NC
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    i don't find the stick nearly as distracting as the watermark...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    I think that I may have removed the stick also, but certainly agree with Rocky's comment. For me, the watermark destroys the photo.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
    edited May 6, 2011
    ront wrote: »
    I think that I may have removed the stick also, but certainly agree with Rocky's comment. For me, the watermark destroys the photo.

Ron

I agree, and I'm just learning about watermarks, etc. Better?
    Capture the Light!

Franklin, NC
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    World better IMHO!! The stick still bugs me a bit also. It almost looks like it is just suspended there. It would be easy to remove:).

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2011
    Much better w/o watermark--the water is nice and the mossy rock is a good foreground element. I have no preference about the stick.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited May 6, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    Much better w/o watermark--the water is nice and the mossy rock is a good foreground element. I have no preference about the stick.

THanks for all the help....as far as the stick; it was there, I couldn't get to it , and its part of nature.....
    With all the storms and tornadic activity we've had down South, its impossible not to see some misc lumber here and there.
    Capture the Light!

Franklin, NC