Options

Need really good post/workflow book-PRONTO!!!!!!!

TrishawTrishaw Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited May 13, 2011 in Finishing School
Hey all,

Hope you are all getting geared up for a great weekend. I really need some help fast :-) I have just started doing weddings in Costa Rica and I am in over my head busy already. I am making it happen by my clients crazy 5-6 day deadlines (they are wanting discs before they leave the country...go figure) but I am literally sleeping 2-4 hours a night consistently. I have a 2.5 yo and I am missing living on the beach with him and this is not what I am trying to do here. I know I have to work a LOT right now, but with that said, I also know how to work smarter and not harder. I just had to play catch up a little, now I can reorganize things.

I have never processed the amount of images that I am now, 4-5 hour shoots produce a lot of shots. I need a good book on how to manage this the best way. The resources here are very limited and when you find something good it is usually WAY OVERPRICED. So I am having my min-law bring me tons of stuff on her first trip to Costa Rica on MONDAY! I would like to have her bring it to me so I would really appreciate ANY recommendations any of you may have. Here are the things that I thing might make a difference in my options....

**** I AM A MAC!!!!!!!!!
**** I am using Photoshop Extended and the CS5 design suite package (well will be, minlaw is bringing it too!!!) I do not have lightroom...but I am going to download it if I decide from the literature it is necessary (I think it is?)

I am looking for how to work with RAW images the best way. Most clients can not process RAW so I need Jpegs too. And then I need a watermarked low-res copy for the web for the client, and I like a watermark high-res for my site, and then I need a copy of the original RAW. But I want to place the watermark on each image individually. I am really spinning my wheels here and over working myself. I know there has to be an easier way. Am I asking too much???

It would also be great if the book also had some photoshop technique as well, since I am upgrading to the pro-version.

Thank you so much for any recommendations you may offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments