Am I getting it?

tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
edited May 9, 2011 in People
I've been gone a very long time, but I was never super active so I don't feel bad, but hello to any and all who may still be around that might remember me :rofl

I finally moved into a house with enough room to set up a smallish studio setting. I did an Easter shoot last month that I'm happy with and the family was thrilled... I'm just not sure if I have it or not (I think so, but it's been super long since I've shot with studio lighting I know I must be doing things wrong).:dunno
1246850032_T4JYk-M.jpg

1246189243_zDi3c-M.jpg

1246547982_Q5WQM-M.jpg

This little one was kinda hard to shoot, she is very *busy* so I think I was lucky to get the "poses" I did lol
"It's only an island if you look at it from the water."

Comments

• kevingearykevingeary Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    I'm on my work computer, so keep that in mind, but I'd say the first two are overexposed. The lighting is also pretty flat. I like the poses and the concepts, but it needs a little more polish.
  • kevingearykevingeary Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2011
    I took a look at your site. I'd say you have a lot of work to do. It screams AMWAC right now.
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2011
    I would say you don't have it. The first two pics are overexposed and if these are keepers, you have a long way to go. I also visited your website and couldn't get passed the music so left. I think most people are not big fans of music on websites. It is always great customers are happy, but they may be happy for different reasons. They see their kid in a studio picture. They love it right now the same way you like it. However, when they see a friends pics of their kid when the shots are exposed properly wit more interesting lighting, they may not like it as much.

On the positive side, you do a great job with poses, choosing backgrounds, and composition from what little pics I saw on your website before I left it. You just need a better understanding of lighting.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    I agree with the comments on exposure, watch out for that. Also try to keep your subject about 6 feet from your background if possible to tone that down so it doesn't rival your subject for attention.