Options

#76 first attempt - C & C please

torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
edited May 14, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Below are first attempts at idea for Mom or Wow. Having difficulty getting colour into the bubble - if think idea worth pursuing, will try with other bubble mixtures.
#1 Love Encapsulated

[IMG][/img]loveencapsulated1-M.jpg

#2 Love Encapsulated

[IMG][/img]loveencapsulated2-M.jpg

Your comments be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2011
    This is very nice, I like #1 better. I see the trees in the reflection, in #2 I see the Window. The Color rainbow does end harshly in #1,, the colors are more subtle in #2 in the bubble. Nice Shot. On theme.
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2011
    Thank you for the comments. Original idea was to have held in my hand - broach is a bit small to photograph direct in the hand. Managed to get a bubble on the hand, and have processed in the broach (but still needs some processing - still learning how to merge two images).

[IMG][/img]loveencapsulated3-M.jpg

Comments be appreciated if on right track, and will see if can merge broach into the photo so looks as if being held in the hand.
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    I like #1 b/c the bubble is more obvious. The bubble-in-hand photo looks like the broach is sitting on the surface of the bubble and isn't as 'wowie' to me. Really interesting concept!

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    I like #2 for the background surface & the way the reflection line on the right mimics the shape of the heart on that side. Although I like the more rainbow colors in #1, it seems to mute or darken part of the brooch so the dove & starburst heart don't show up as well. I think the brooch looks brighter & more consistent. Nice shot! - & love the title!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited May 10, 2011
    I agree with others that this is a great concept and title. Hard to choose between #1 and #2. I like the color of 1 and the brightness of heart in 2. If you reshot this with the bubble (and brooch) resting on an elevated pane of clear glass, would that make this shot more effective? Just a thought.
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    I think I like the bubble in the hand one better. It's clearer, for me.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2011
    Jenn wrote: »
    I think I like the bubble in the hand one better. It's clearer, for me.

Personally, if you are going for the bubble in a hand, I think you need two hands - especially with the broach you are using.

I prefer the first shot - it kind of looks like the rainbow is originating from the heart.
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    Thank you all for your comments and advice. Have done reshoot today, and posted entry.