Happy (early) mother's day ... :o)

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited May 14, 2011 in People
Hey guys!

Figured I'd share this little mini set :D

Wanted to re-create a photo that my dad took of my mom and me when I was still a baby ... didn't get *exactly* the same shot, but mama feels *really* uncomfortable in front of the camera, so it had to be quick :rofl

Found a very similar cup in a second hand shop, figured it was a PERFECT find for this ... I am spending way too much time in antique stores these days ... brings back memories (boy, am I really *that* old???) :huh

There will be a part 2 (hopefully) tomorrow ... but here's what we got :D

#1:
i-CGr26Sm-L.jpg

#2:
i-8W354qD-L.jpg

#3 ... and one just for fun :D
i-HFGLB4q-L.jpg

Comments

• Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    I absolutely adore the first and the last.

clap.gif

Happy Mothers Day!
  • FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
  • 2day2day Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    Makes me smile! Thanks!
    Lois Doubleday
    www.imagingthat.co
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    You must have inherited your fine skills from your dad. Fabulous pictures all around.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    Angie,
    you're one of the *very* few people who can take kids pictures that are a pleasure to look at even without being a parent of the said kid :-) thumb.gifbow
    Much love and respect, and of course, premature congratulations with the upcoming Mom's day! iloveyou.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    Baby Angie has the same gorgeous smile you do now!!

I boggle at you being uncomfortable in pix - you are GORGEOUS lady... just like that precious girl of yours. iloveyou.gif

Great series! thumb.gif
  • ssersser Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2011
    What a great idea, nice editing as well
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2011
    Thank you sooo much guys! iloveyou.gif
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Angie,
    you're one of the *very* few people who can take kids pictures that are a pleasure to look at even without being a parent of the said kid :-) thumb.gifbow
    Much love and respect, and of course, premature congratulations with the upcoming Mom's day! iloveyou.gif

Oh my, thanks Nikolai! I really appreciate your sweet comment! I mostly only post the "posed" photos on my blog + FB and I know many people think my photos (of Anya) are a bit cooooooky (I try to insert a bit of humor here and there), but I always make sure I get "normal" candids of her also when we play :D I just need to get my bumm in front of the camera more often, otherwise I'm sue one day she'll be wondering how her mama looked like rolleyes1.gif (+ I should have more evidence of my actual hair color, as ... boy ... I think I'll be all white in about 2 years headscratch.gif)
    Thank you again, really appreciate your comment! iloveyou.gif
    divamum wrote: »
    Baby Angie has the same gorgeous smile you do now!!

I boggle at you being uncomfortable in pix - you are GORGEOUS lady... just like that precious girl of yours. iloveyou.gif

Oh well, let me tell you ... I have this adorable husband, that uhm ... thinks he's a great candid shooter. I love him to pieces, but for me candid photography is art, and not pointing the camera at one, focusing, lifting your head and peeking over the camera for 5 minutes until your subject gets really annoyed and makes a screwed up face, and then ... you click! I am RARELY in front of the camera .... and when I do and my husband gets hold of the camera, I hide in the closet for the next couple of weeks as I just can't make myself believe I really look like this. headscratch.gifne_nau.gif
    You must have inherited your fine skills from your dad. Fabulous pictures all around.

Thank you Brian. My dad was actually a really awesome (oil) painter. I love his paintings, too bad he pretty much stopped when I was born :cry But the pieces we have are beautiful ....
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2011
    Wow, these are really sweet and special pictures. Congrats!
    Canon Fan
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2011
    Ready for part 2? :D

You guys knew that I'll come up with something season-y, right? :D

#3: Just for fun (just saw that her skin tones are a bit off .. tried a different processing .... oh well, will have to go back again ...)
    i-X5hhN5d-L.jpg

#4: (applied a vintage processing)
    Wanted to start a new mother's day tradition :D Thought girls like to dress up in mama's clothes, so I put her in one of my old night gowns and thought we could take the same (ish) photo every year. Think next time I should be able to include some of my shoes also ... haha ... we'll see thumb.gif

i-KbBWvkv-L.jpg
  • Nasser RadiNasser Radi Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited May 8, 2011
    awesome
    you were look like your baby
    in the old picture your mom was her hair dark, however your hair is not
  • CASowersCASowers Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    The vintage shot is amazing. They all are, but that one is just "wow"...
    Chris Sowers
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2011
    Very neat...

Number one in your first post and number 4 in your second post...really rock. Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    I like the first shots, but the second bunch........those are on the money!!!!!!!!!