Gamboa range marker C&C

DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
edited May 10, 2011 in Landscapes
The first thought in my mind when I saw this along a jungle-path was "Pink Floyd". This is a marker for a "range" used by ships in the Panama Canal.

I shot this with a Canon 7D + 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM. You can click it for usual Smugmug view options / EXIF etc.

_mg_4350-L.jpg

thanks,
Nick.
ciao!
Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
my Smugmug site: here

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    "The first thought in my mind when I saw this along a jungle-path was "Pink Floyd"."

it certainly has that sort of feel to it, doesn't it? i'd never have guessed the real purpose of that stricture...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    Well my first thought when I saw this was a ship navigational marker in the Panama Canal, no kidding. we just made that crossing last year and these markers can be see quite often, but not from this angle, well done.
  • DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    squirl033 wrote: »
    it certainly has that sort of feel to it, doesn't it? i'd never have guessed the real purpose of that stricture...

May be Roger Waters finds this and it inspires him to record another album DJ.gif
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    Well my first thought when I saw this was a ship navigational marker in the Panama Canal, no kidding. we just made that crossing last year and these markers can be see quite often, but not from this angle, well done.

Thank you Doug. I geotagged my captures around the area that day: http://maps.smugmug.com/?feedType=geoAlbum&Data=16941849_Zhxsqr

ciao!
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here