Options

DSS #76 C&C please

tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
edited May 11, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi Everyone.....It's been a long itme since I've been able to post in the forum. I'm looking forward to being able to participate again!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms!

I had the wonderful Mother's Day gift of being able to wander about for an hour this morning to dust off my camera before the boys joined us for dinner. What a treat!

Please share your thoughts with some C&C.
Note in #2 the slobbered milk all over the calf's face... a bovine milk mustache!

#1 Delivered Fresh from Mom

ca%207366-M.jpg

#2 Tail Hug from Mom
ca%207357-M.jpg

#3 Tail Hug from Mom (vert crop)
ca%207357-2-M.jpg

#4 Oooooooo.... I love Saturday night bath!
ca%207422-f-M.jpg

#5 I Love Saturday Night Bath (vert crop)
ca%207422-M.jpg

Thanks! Chris
http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
If it's locked... find an open window.

Comments

• Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    Love the rich colours of the cow and calf. All nice, if have to choose would go for #3 (prefer the crop to full image) and #4 - prefer seeing the cow looking on (could say it is Dad supervising?) to the cropped version. Lovely pictures on theme.
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,278 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    I really like #4, but am wondering if you can clone away the other cow in the upper right?
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    I love love love these images!
    I had similar idea...working on them now...but with a Giraffe, it's cool to see all the new babies at the zoo on Mothers Day iloveyou.gif
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    I love love love these images!
    I had similar idea...working on them now...but with a Giraffe, it's cool to see all the new babies at the zoo on Mothers Day iloveyou.gif

I was also at the zoo this weekend and experienced the same thing with the new babies - so sweet - hard to resist. Am working on a similar entry. GP
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    Happy Mom's Day Chris!

W0W what some great photos. I like the 4:3's (or are they Square?), not the crops.

That #4 is Killer! Just cool! Sorry I don't have better critique to give...I really like them!
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2011
    Thanks for the comments.
    Torrbrae, karin, Mammapaparazza... I originally set out shooting a momma robin feeding a fledgling. The cows were an accident.

I decided my birds were a bit trite and didn't want just a momma-baby portrait. When I drove by these cows, I noticed this one frisky calf. So many baby animals right now! the calf was curious about me, but seemed more than willing to pose.

I htink I like the bit of black cow in the upper right of #4, but am still considering it.

Tom, I don't favor the crops either.

Thanks for the comments. It was nice to be out shooting just for the sake of a joy ride with my camera.

Chris

• Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited May 9, 2011
    Another vote for #4 and affirmation for the concept, the nurturing activity, and the richness of the colors conveying a feeling of warmth.

Gretchen
  • Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    I like #4 as well - I'm torn on the cow in the upper right.

I'd be inclined to keep it, but it kind of reminds me of some of the pictures on this site -- http://www.randomcreepyguy.com/ :D
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • Options
    silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    Add another vote for #4.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    I like #2 & #4 and I like the onlooking cow in #4 as it conveys a story. The images themselves are beautiful - so clear and sharp. GP
  • Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    I love 3 best ...because like torrbrae I immediatly thought (or liked to think) that he was the daddy cow...just makes me smile because you know how men like to watch in admiration while mom takes care of the kids and does her thing...ya know? lol...maybe i'm being presumptious, mine does anyway.lmbo
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    I really like them all, but I think #4 works the theme best - the lighting, comp (with the cow looking on), DOF & textures - awesome! I like the tail hug (#2 uncropped) a lot also, but it doesn't say Mom as much to me as #4 - great catch!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2011
    Gretchen, Kono, Joe, Greta, Angela and Lillian, thanks for the nods for #4. It's definitely my favorite, too.

This calf was so photogenic...I could've worn out a shutter. the richness of its coat was stunning. I guess his momma thought so too!

It's nice to be back on the Forum.

chris

• Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    I can't decide .. I like #4 & #5!
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2011
    Thanks Jenn!