i-JvnKW4b-M.jpg
Randy

EOS Rebel XS Digital/ EOS 7D/ EOS 6D
50mm f1.8/ Tamron 70-200 f2.8 is/ 24-105 f4L
Canon speedlights and Alien Bees

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    Pretty good effort. I don't care for the rose. It's distracting and looks like an afterthought. I also don't care for the blanket across her breasts. An article of clothing would have worked better.
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    I'm with Mitchell on the blanket. I'm not sure if it's the blanket or the angle of attack, but her top (chest and shoulders) looks rather thick in comparison to the rest of her body.

I'm not sure that the blanket is the sole cause of this, but it most certainly is a contributing factor in my opinion.

Did you notice that the yellow "i" in girl doesn't stand out as well as the rest of the letters? I might be tempted to find a different color for the next time.
  • ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    I agree with the others - the blanket just doesn't work. And the flower coming from out of nowhere is driving me a bit nuts too - I would rather have seen it on top of the "girl". Nice try - the mom is beautiful! Next time have her tilt her head more to the side - her neck looks like it's kinda fat this way.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    Sometimes less IS more! :D

There is too much stuff going on, patterns, textures, objects ... I'd tune it down a bit thumb.gif
  • RacinRandyRacinRandy Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Sometimes less IS more! :D

There is too much stuff going on, patterns, textures, objects ... I'd tune it down a bit thumb.gif

First off, thank you all for the comments. I will be sure to apply them in the Future.

I see the point about the Blanket now. At the time i thought the blanket to be a better fit than the jet black top she had on. I had asked if replacing it or going without were options. She had only that one with her and her Husband was absolutely against strategic coverage.

Maybe I should have wrapped it around her before she laid down?? That would have continued the line of upper body at least?

I thought(after the shoot) maybe I should have rose her arm up and back over the top of her head. Then I was afraid of the "Pit check" look.

Would it have helped to have her left arm/shoulder visible??

BRyce, I knew that was gonna be a tough one, Only having one set of blocks left me very limited on that though.
    Randy

• RacinRandyRacinRandy Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    Do these work??
    two more from that posing

1)
    i-HHFpLvj-M.jpg

2)
    i-zDS2ht8-M.jpg

Better? Worse? Or did I just try to hard and over think everything?
    Randy

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2011
    Randi you are trying too hard. Others have pointed out the obvious clutter. The last 2 are better. My input... dump the fake rose.
    This is a beautiful momma to be.. the pose of her on her back IMHO is giving a come hither vibe.

Dump the blocks, or perhaps use them in a B&W with just her tummy, perhaps on her side, zoomed in.
    Pose her in a way, slightly profile so she can gaze at her tummy fondly, and aim for that peaceful serene look.
    Aim for only momma, plus ONE or TWO fabrics total. If 2 blankets, then don't show clothing etc.

This gal is a beaut, hope you can shoot some more with her and share them !!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700