Beautiful town in a valley of the Alps

bojana270bojana270 Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
edited May 15, 2011 in Landscapes
Here is the look from the hills down to the valley and beautiful old town.

Comments

• wizardrywizardry Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    Sorry...but I don't see anything in focus?
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    15524779-Ti.gif This looks like a beautiful place! But it looks like the focus was off. :(
  • bojana270bojana270 Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2011
    Hi,

I don't know what means focus, here?

If you (Moderator) don't like that photo, you can delete it.

I love the photo, because I had to claim up to the mountain to do it. I am a very bad claimer..
    Beside that, landscape here is very beautiful.

B.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2011
    I think everyone likes your photo, it a beautiful village but it is a bit blurry. If you can shoot this village again see if you can "focus" , make it less blurry. Hope that helps. thanks for posting.
  • DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2011
    Bo,

Google translate supports Slovenian so you can easily translate what other people write. You can find it here: http://translate.google.com/

(focus = fokusu)

ciao!
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here
  • FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2011
    You live in a beautiful country. Please post more pictures.
    edited May 12, 2011
    Answer to all:

Thank you for Google. I know Google "translations" very good. Sometimes I write the word in Slovenian (Croatian or German) and the same word comes in English.
    I have tried also with "focus" and nothing was there. Focus can't be translated.

Now, I know what you mean: about photos.

Why is blurry? I look down and from the Sun, I see nothing. If I am lucky, I can get good photo, if not then comes, what comes.

I didn't see much, but photo is still good for one Phone Camera (and the Sun direct in the eyes). I don't have helicopter to do photos from over there (the sky).

Beside that, photography is my brand new hobby.

I post photos in two Forums, German and English (they have nothing to do with photography). In one Forum (English), one member, professional journalist and photographer wrote there, I have talent to do good photos, but have to practice more and more. In fact, he wrote, for good photographer is needed:

Talent: 10%

Theory: 40% (?)

Practice: 50%

B.
    edited May 12, 2011
    Why letters are black?
    I think, it is better to give no answer at all, if all letters come black, like here.

B.
    edited May 12, 2011
    bojana270 wrote: »
    I think, it is better to give no answer at all, if all letters come black, like here.

B.

Everybody is trying to help and support you, but you seem convinced that the photo you posted can't be improved, you don't want comments, and now you tell us we're nasty and mean... which is not so nice because we were trying to help.

You are wrong about Google translate. From English to Slovenian:
    the photo is blurry, out of focus -> fotografija je zamegljena, iz fokusa

ciao!
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

edited May 12, 2011
    DeVerm wrote: »
    Everybody is trying to help and support you, but you seem convinced that the photo you posted can't be improved, you don't want comments, and now you tell us we're nasty and mean... which is not so nice because we were trying to help.
    You are wrong about Google translate. From English to Slovenian:
    the photo is blurry, out of focus -> fotografija je zamegljena, iz fokusa
    ciao!
    Nick.
    Hi Nick,

"you tell us we're nasty and mean... which is not so nice because we were trying to help".

Where did you see: "nasty and mean"? I was in so many Forums and never told somebody to be "nasty and mean". It is not my kind of conversation.
    I was angry here, because I tried to send reply more times and always were black letters. That is reason, I wrote that I won't write anymore.

Of course, I am thankful for all replies and good advices.
    Second: I am not an expert to improve that photo. If I would be, I would improve my own photos (my photo face research because of steady sinusitis and neuralgia pains).

About Google translator: my friend (female) and me, we are laughing more times about Google translation. It is true, they are getting better and better, but still is better to look in dictionary (I don't use them very often).

Thank you for translation. Focus stays Focus!

Kind regards,
    B.
    edited May 12, 2011
    bojana270 wrote: »
    Where did you see: "nasty and mean"? I was in so many Forums and never told somebody to be "nasty and mean". It is not my kind of conversation.
    I was angry here, because I tried to send reply more times and always were black letters. That is reason, I wrote that I won't write anymore.

hmmm okay, I guess you might mean something different with "black letters" than I think. I think you mean that you don't like the comments posted here about your photo not being in focus. Those comments are meant to help you take better photo's, not as "black letters".

cheers,
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

edited May 13, 2011
    DeVerm wrote: »
    hmmm okay, I guess you might mean something different with "black letters" than I think. I think you mean that you don't like the comments posted here about your photo not being in focus. Those comments are meant to help you take better photo's, not as "black letters".
    cheers,
    Nick.
    For me "black letters" are black letters. Other meaning I don't know.
    It is true that we have (there, where I was born) for each sentence two explanations.
    About photos: they are for my memory. I give them to print and save them for later. I have nothing from the photos: except that I love them.
    I am satisfied, because it is my mobile phone camera. I had no idea, they can be soo good (sometimes).

B.
  • hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2011
    I would suspect, under Edit Options, the site skin (or similar default) has been changed so she sees black letters on the dark background.

B, the easiest settings to use (for me) are the "default" settings which provides white letters on the gray background.

For most basic cell-phones, that is a beautiful photo. What you need, though, is to get a small camera.

Cell-phone lenses are very small and the camera inside the cell-phone is very "weak" or "poor". Most cell-phones do not capture a photo very well.

Again, the picture is beautiful ... within the limits of the cell-phone you are using. To get a "sharp" picture, you need a better camera, NOT a cell-phone. There are many inexpensive cameras that will easily fit in your pocket and they will proived better pictures. You need the right tool (camera) to take better pictures!

Keep visiting here and you will learn much. Everyone here is friendly and will try to help you learn more about photography.

-Henry-
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
    edited May 13, 2011
    I would suspect, under Edit Options, the site skin (or similar default) has been changed so she sees black letters on the dark background.
    B, the easiest settings to use (for me) are the "default" settings which provides white letters on the gray background.
    For most basic cell-phones, that is a beautiful photo. What you need, though, is to get a small camera.
    Cell-phone lenses are very small and the camera inside the cell-phone is very "weak" or "poor". Most cell-phones do not capture a photo very well.
    Again, the picture is beautiful ... within the limits of the cell-phone you are using. To get a "sharp" picture, you need a better camera, NOT a cell-phone. There are many inexpensive cameras that will easily fit in your pocket and they will proived better pictures. You need the right tool (camera) to take better pictures!
    Keep visiting here and you will learn much. Everyone here is friendly and will try to help you learn more about photography.
    -Henry-
    Hi Henry,

Thank you for good advice.

I have two cameras: big and small, but never use them. I am not a photographer.
    It came into my mind last summer, when I was disappointed about my female doctor, telling me about my photos before: you looked so good before! I told her many times that I look different because of my pains. They change me totally. If she doesn't believe, who is going to believe me and help me? I didn't visit her anymore, even if I became better.

After her words, I have started to make photos from my face, how do I look with pains and without pains (I am the first one, to do that).
    After that I have started to make other photos: from the clouds, sun, rain, fog, fields, mountains and all, what belongs to the nature. I don't make photos from the people.

Maybe soon, I will do photos with the right camera. With mobile is very easy: nobody knows what I am doing. The right camera will be good, when I will be on the holidays.

Greetings from Alps,
    Bo
  • mom2sagemom2sage Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited May 13, 2011
    Hi Bo. I think you ARE a photographer. We all would love to see your pictures from a real camera (which will be clearer) so we can see the lovely place where you live. The photos are interesting but hard to see well without being sharp. Thanks for sharing!
  • BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2011
    Hi! You live in such beautiful country! I like the photo because it is simple. I agree with what the others have said, if you could take this photo again with a better camera, it would makes us happier. Its not that it is bad, but many of us here have higher expectation, but don't be discouraged. :) It looks like you have an eye for composition, so you are off to a good start. Welcome to the DGRIN forums.
    edited May 15, 2011
    mom2sage wrote: »
    Hi Bo. I think you ARE a photographer. We all would love to see your pictures from a real camera (which will be clearer) so we can see the lovely place where you live. The photos are interesting but hard to see well without being sharp. Thanks for sharing!
    That is very kind from you. Thank you.
    I need more practice and to do photos outside, where are no people. There is always somebody disturbing me, so I have to do that very quickly, if I want to have photo at all.

B.
    edited May 15, 2011
    BBiggs wrote: »
    Hi! You live in such beautiful country! I like the photo because it is simple. I agree with what the others have said, if you could take this photo again with a better camera, it would makes us happier. Its not that it is bad, but many of us here have higher expectation, but don't be discouraged. :) It looks like you have an eye for composition, so you are off to a good start. Welcome to the DGRIN forums.
    Thank you very much for "Welcome!".
    I have eye for good looking things, doesn't matter is that tree, field, dog, cloud or whatever.
    The best photos for me are clouds and fields. Mountains are many times on the way. The same is with old houses: it is very diffiicult to get the house that doesn't look like the leaning tower in Pisa, Italy.