Trout Lily
3DSC1160-Edit-XL.jpg

Sessile Bellwort
3DSC1970-Edit-XL.jpg

Spring Beauty
3DSC0972-L.jpg

Purple Trillium
DSC1878-Edit-XL.jpg

I realize that spring may be almost over in some parts of the country but here in the frozen Northeast it is just getting started this week.

Thanks for looking,

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    Very nice work, Werner. I always enjoy the beauty of the Spring flowers when I'm up in the Appalachians.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    The Purple Trillium shot is just plain awesome! A little dark (for me) but the way you framed the flower is really nice. 5 thumbs, Werner. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    Very nice work, Werner. I always enjoy the beauty of the Spring flowers when I'm up in the Appalachians.

Tom

Thanks Tom, spring is finally hitting it's stride up here in Vermont, there's something new blooming almost everyday.
    edited May 10, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    The Purple Trillium shot is just plain awesome! A little dark (for me) but the way you framed the flower is really nice. 5 thumbs, Werner. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif

Thanks Jiro, these Trillium maybe the most intense purple color I've ever seen. The color didn't scale well, whether I shot a longer exposure or tried to brighten in PP with sliders or curves. The color just didn't want to be bright. I shot with a flash/flashbender but underexposed the ambient background by about 3 EV in manual exposure mode. That got the flower a bit above the ambient. Then to help it along I used the "darken/lighten center" in the Color Efex plugin for Capture NX2 to gradually bring down the background even more. These are deep shade wetlands plants so it looks natural to me.
  • rbtrbt Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    really enjoyed this set - particularly like the Sessile Bellwort
    edited May 10, 2011
    rbt wrote: »
    really enjoyed this set - particularly like the Sessile Bellwort

Thanks rbt, I thought the Trillium was my favorite when I posted the set because of its intense color, but more and more I like the delicacy of the Bellwort.