Options

Slideshow Changes?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2011
    You mean I don't have to fix all my old html? headscratch.gif And I could keep using the old code, but I wouldn't get the advantage of the cdn?

This would be great as I wouldn't have to spend the next 10hrs changing links to get my traffic back. It's hit the floor since the slideshow went away for my visitors.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2011
    SamirD wrote: »
    You mean I don't have to fix all my old html? headscratch.gif And I could keep using the old code, but I wouldn't get the advantage of the cdn?

Yup,
    You can keep using it, but it won't take advantage of the CDN so all your users have to download 350k every time...
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2011
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2011
    Is your ss the first ss here? It works for me:

https://img.skitch.com/20110722-jh5fbtdf9cpmbdmydrgfac99m.jpg

Try clearing your cache perhaps?
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2011
    Yep, sure is. thumb.gif Glad to see it working. I'll try some other computers or just reboot.
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2011
    It doesn't seem to work on any of my computers, but it works for you and should for my visitors. If they have any problems I'll post.
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2011
    Not sure what changed, but any SS with the older code is now prompting for a password. Thousands of SS are broken across the Internet with a couple of hundred right on my site. :cry

Example link:
    http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=2144&day=2011-8-27&c=1
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2011
    Not sure what changed, but any SS with the older code is now prompting for a password. Thousands of SS are broken across the Internet with a couple of hundred right on my site. :cry

Example link:
    http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=2144&day=2011-8-27&c=1

Your slideshow is playing perfectly for me, Samir:

http://screencast.com/t/x8iks9iJ

Can you be more specific as to what you're seeing and where you're seeing it?
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Your slideshow is playing perfectly for me, Samir.
    Yep, and it's perfect for me too. headscratch.gifne_nau.gif

I don't know what it was, but this morning it would prompt for a password. I tried it on two different computers before posting. One of my users actually emailed me about an issue shortly after I posted, so I know I wasn't the only one. Glad whatever it was got fixed. eek7.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2011
    Glad whatever it was got fixed. eek7.gif

mkay, we didn't change anything.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2011
    Yep, and it's perfect for me too. headscratch.gifne_nau.gif

I don't know what it was, but this morning it would prompt for a password. I tried it on two different computers before posting. One of my users actually emailed me about an issue shortly after I posted, so I know I wasn't the only one. Glad whatever it was got fixed. eek7.gif
    The Smugmug flash slideshow has a failure mode that prompts for a password. When it gets some sort of error from the API requests it's doing to fetch the images from your slideshow, it assumes that the error is because of password protection and it prompts for a password.

If you didn't change your site and it was prompting for a password, it is probably because there was some sort of glitch in the slideshow access to the API. That could have been a network issue between you and SM or it could have been somewhere in the servers that serve up the API. I'm not aware of anyway to prevent this, but it does happen from time to time when there's a temporary problem somewhere in the chain. It apparently guesses that the reason for the failure is password protection and thus tries to prompt for the password.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2011
    jfriend wrote: »
    The Smugmug flash slideshow has a failure mode that prompts for a password. When it gets some sort of error from the API requests it's doing to fetch the images from your slideshow, it assumes that the error is because of password protection and it prompts for a password.

If you didn't change your site and it was prompting for a password, it is probably because there was some sort of glitch in the slideshow access to the API. That could have been a network issue between you and SM or it could have been somewhere in the servers that serve up the API. I'm not aware of anyway to prevent this, but it does happen from time to time when there's a temporary problem somewhere in the chain. It apparently guesses that the reason for the failure is password protection and thus tries to prompt for the password.
    Thank you for the very detailed answer John. thumb.gif I greatly appreciate it.