Options

DSS #76 C&C please - Mom idea

JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
edited May 11, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Does this work? I took a photo of my daughters mother's day card she gave me Sunday and did some editing... :D I didn't use any "frame", btw .. it is all done using hue, brightness, selective color,drop shadows....
Comments?

Memories 1...

P1050503framedcard900x776.jpg
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6

Comments

• Options
    edited May 10, 2011
    Can someone tell me if the editing I did on this image will be disqualified because of the "borders or frames" rule? The photograph "looks" like it has a picture frame around it, but it is just a series of drop shadows and other effects that I put on the image.

thanks......
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2011
    Jenn - I would post your question on the general discussion thread - Sean will see it there & will tell you if it qualifies or not.

About the shot, to me it seems incomplete - the text leaves me hanging - "you said ..." I keep thinking what did you say? Maybe you could get a shot of your daughter signing it, even a close-up of just her hand & pen writing on the card? I think that would add more emotional value to the photo, having a person in it, and most moms have lots of emotions, so it just seems it would be a better fit for the theme.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2011
    lkbart wrote: »
    Jenn - I would post your question on the general discussion thread - Sean will see it there & will tell you if it qualifies or not.
    Good idea ..
    lkbart wrote: »
    About the shot, to me it seems incomplete - the text leaves me hanging - "you said ..." I keep thinking what did you say?
    I thought leaving it at that point would cause everyone to fill in the blank .. Laughing.gif .... I could change the name of the image from "Memories" to "I WILL SURVIVE!" :) That is the song that plays when I open the card and the next line. What do you think?
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)