Heli Pad Photos

ScraffScraff Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited May 11, 2011 in People
So I needed to go and take some photos at a local park where I will be shooting a wedding in two weeks and a friend had asked if I would take some shots of her for a local radio station. When she got to the park, the sun was setting and we were loosing light fast. Close to the park is a local hospital with their helicopter landing pad at one end of the park. When we were done shooting, they had just few someone out but the landing lights were still on. There was a street light close that gave a real neat look to some shots. I had to shoot at a high ISO with my 18 wide open but I think the lighting really made the shots. Please let me know what you think...

IMG6176-M.jpg

IMG6183-M.jpg

IMG6192-M.jpg

Comments

• PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    I like the first one. Too bad you didn't have an assistant with a light from back right to separate her from background a bit. The other two don't do much for me. Good exposure and lights given your conditions. Light on her face is well balanced with background without obvious hot flash. Did you have a softbox or reflector for your flash, or all "natural" light from the pad?
  • ScraffScraff Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2011
    I like the first one. Too bad you didn't have an assistant with a light from back right to separate her from background a bit. The other two don't do much for me. Good exposure and lights given your conditions. Light on her face is well balanced with background without obvious hot flash. Did you have a softbox or reflector for your flash, or all "natural" light from the pad?

It was all "natural" light from the pad. I agree with the background separation, but for spotting that pad before leaving, I was happy with most.