Silly close-up

lanaerlanaer Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
edited May 13, 2011 in People
A recent shot of my daughter. All critique welcome!

i-wf8qPBV-XL.jpg

Panasonic GF1, Voigtländer 25mm f/0.95 (I think aperture used here was about 2.8).
Only light was window to camera left.

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2011
    cute girl, cute photo :D
  • lanaerlanaer Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    Thanks! Think the eyes have been over-sharpened at all?
  • iteach6giteach6g Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    I love it! How do you get your black and whites like that? Mine always seem really more shades of grey. She's very cute. Could this, perhaps, be the child who was shot looking at the Ipad? Or maybe this is the older sister. :) Nice job!
    edited May 12, 2011
    Same girl, a few months later. The most straightforward way to get the blacks blacker and whites whiter is to do level adjustments & increase contrast, but then I did a lot to this image I guess...

Almost-original image (only cropped):
    i-2Kwdsqz-L.jpg[/url]

Black & white applied, but no other changes (I had actually applied the B&W last, but this way you see how it would have been all shades of gray):
    i-hjcmsGV-L.jpg

Screenshot of all the adjustments:
    i-4BX9hvf.png
  • BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2011
    Nice work! The original post is good, but I think if you could find a middle ground between that B&W image and the last one posted, the photo would look great. The hair going across "her" right eye is annoying me. Cute girl! :)
    edited May 13, 2011
    Yeah, I keep going back and forth on how contrasty I like my images. I'll have to play with that more. The hair annoys me too, though I'm not sure if I'd be able to cleanly remove it from the eye (skin would be easy enough).