Strange effect.

pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited October 6, 2005 in People
What do you think of pictures in black and white with added color like this?
38460385-M.jpg

38471909-M.jpg

38471907-M.jpg
Is it strange? I'm not sure if it's strange in a good way, or a bad way.
:dunno

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2005
    I'm one of those that is not a fan of selective color, although in some cases I like it, most I don't.

I think your shots are good overall. The first is funny. I'd like to see them in full color, myself.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    Thanks. The full color ones are so bright because of the wallpaper in the background! That's why I put them in black and white...
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2005
    Hi Pepper,
    I don't usually care for selective color, but these go beyond that. It's called hand tinting and they used to do this to B&W prints all the time. There are techniques to hand tint in PS, but I don't know them (google search time). I think they need more hand coloring which will really bring them out and you can dispense with the bright background. The cool thing with tinting is that you get to pick what colors you want the picture to be disregarding reality if you want.

Lots of potential with those shots,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2005
    You have a good point, I suppose I could add more color to them! I started out just adding a little because I didn't know how it would be. Maybe I should add a tint to the skin too...hmm...I'll have to try it this weekend when I get a chance.
    mwink.gif