edited May 11, 2011 in People
C&c always appreciated.
image-XL.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2011
    Love the pose but find the color treatment to be overwhelming. I feel this would be a powerful image in b&w or duotone.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2011
    yup..over processed for my taste
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2011
    Wait, is that you?? Cute photos, but why this processing? The hair & shadows are green, there is a harsh shadow behind the girl's back ... and the skin is way over processed (and that comes with somebody that always way-over-processes skin :hide) ne_nau.gif
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2011
    Love the pose but find the color treatment to be overwhelming. I feel this would be a powerful image in b&w or duotone.

thank you for commenting. I loved the pose myself, and I appreciate your comments about the processing. I was trying something new, and while I like it, thanks for bringing me back to earth.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited May 11, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    yup..over processed for my taste

Thank you Qarik. I know I know.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited May 11, 2011
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Wait, is that you?? Cute photos, but why this processing? The hair & shadows are green, there is a harsh shadow behind the girl's back ... and the skin is way over processed (and that comes with somebody that always way-over-processes skin :hide) ne_nau.gif

Hi Angie.
    I have always had a lead foot when it comes to processing. Everyonce in a while I have to give in to it, otherwise I usually just post black and white.
    The shot was not good (lighting poor etc.) but I loved the emotion and the accidental pose. It reminded me of madonna and child paintings so I processed to try and resemble something like that.
    I didn't actually airbrush anything, that is a LR preset I tweaked all to hell.
    It's not for everyone, and I'm starting to think I might be the only one that likes it :)

I have a real gig coming up in a couple of weeks, something huge for me, I have to get this out of my system before then:)
    Liz A.
    _________