Options

How long does it take you to edit....

ZetZet Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited May 14, 2011 in Finishing School
How long does it take you to edit 20 portraits? Crop, adjusting light, minor wrinkle/facial flaws. :dunno

Comments

• Options
    oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    For some of us a simular question of how long is a piece of string comes to mind.
    I guess its down to how much you put into it. A wedding photog i know told me he takes max 200 pictures at each event. Picks 100 of the best and does minor adjustments to them and will only do an indept edit on the bride and groom. Between the shoots before the wedding, the day itself and another day editing i guess 3 days in total. Thats one day editing 100 pics with full detailed edit on a few as well.

I cant answer this question for my self as 99% of my photos are of Automobiles.
    Sorry for the rant but at least i got it off my shoulders.

Regards
    Patrick:D
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited May 12, 2011
    Like Patrick alluded to - Image editing can take from almost less than 30 seconds to many hours, depending on your needs, and how well the image was captured at the time of shooting.

If the image was well composed, accurately exposed, and does not suffer from color balance issues ( a custom white balance was used at the time of shooting hopefully ) then it depends on how much custom editing you want to do ( which can vary from very little, to quite a lot). But I suspect most folks will process files like this in less than 10 minutes. If you are going to offer custom image editing, with lots of skin resurfacing, etc, then how long it takes, depends on what the subject started with, and what you want them to look like - it becomes more like a painting than a photograph at some point.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    ZetZet Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    pathfinder wrote: »
    it becomes more like a painting than a photograph at some point.

Funny you should say that because I have a painting background! I pay attention to every little detail! Laughing.gif