Options

selling your pics? beware the sharing sites

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    Angelo wrote: »

Are you saying after all the screaming and hollering about the sky is falling...........The sky is falling????

After reading some of the excerpts from the websites I am not sure they could claim ownership of the copyrights to images, but the cost for the average photographer to substantiate this would be prohibitive.

That's why I recommend "Brick Insurance"

Brick Insurance will calmly explain to the copyright violator that while their client, (you or me), may not be able to afford a dozen attorneys to fight this in court, they, the violator in short order, will not be able to buy window glass insurance at any price. :D

Sam
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 13, 2011
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2011
    This is nothing new in the world of intellectual property rights. The 'unlimited use license upon upload' model was pioneered by youtube, who has the ability and has exercised the right to profit from anything uploaded by users without any further compensation to them. It's why I use SM to host my videos--I retain my rights and have full control.

As with any legal agreement, always read it. And if you don't agree, don't use their service. There is always another way.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!