Options

LR 2.7 wants to re-import ENTIRE catalog

LivingLargeLivingLarge Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited May 12, 2011 in Finishing School
LR 2.7 on AMD II X6 3.0GHz, 9GB ram, Win 7 64bit, Wacom Intous 3, Microsoft USB mouse.

Approx every 6 minutes while in Develop module, LR tries to re-import my entire catalog of images. It then informs that "The following photos will not be imported because they are already present in the catalog. To see these photos in the catalog select 'Show in Library' (the import will be canceled)." dialog box. It list EVERY photo in my catalog.

I have done a Windows Restore to yesterday AND last week. Still no change. Nothing in Preferences or Catalog Settings seems to apply.

Any ideas???
“He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and his head and his heartis an artist.”

Comments

• Options
    DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    I am using LR3 on Mac but it sounds like you have a "watched folder" active at "Auto Import" ?

cheers,
    Nick.
    LR 2.7 on AMD II X6 3.0GHz, 9GB ram, Win 7 64bit, Wacom Intous 3, Microsoft USB mouse.

Approx every 6 minutes while in Develop module, LR tries to re-import my entire catalog of images. It then informs that "The following photos will not be imported because they are already present in the catalog. To see these photos in the catalog select 'Show in Library' (the import will be canceled)." dialog box. It list EVERY photo in my catalog.

I have done a Windows Restore to yesterday AND last week. Still no change. Nothing in Preferences or Catalog Settings seems to apply.

Any ideas???
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2011
    Thanks for the response Nick, but no. That was the first thing I checked. As well, me catalog stretches over 400 folders on two (2) hard drives.

It's driving me nuts headscratch.gif When I am in Develop and the darn program beeps at me then switches to Library and scans the entire catalog. Then the same dialog box.

ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH gerg.gif
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2011
    OK....like a good lesson to be learned here somewhere....

Based on a response from an Adobe forum for this issue, I went back and rechecked my USB connections. Weeellllll.....my backup drive which IS NOT REFERENCED IN MY LIGHTROOM CATALOG, had its power settings changed somehow. Not sure how, but each time it awoke from sleep it triggered LR to reimport.

Problem solved!!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Thank you to all who replied or messaged.