Senior with IR & B/W post processing - c&c please

imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
edited May 18, 2011 in People
This is the first time I've tried any of the IR presets with Lightroom---I've tweaked and tweaked and think these might just work. I need opinions, thoughts, criticisms, suggestions, advice!

i-tCH387n-M.jpg

2 - yes, I will definitely remove the random hair on the right shoulder... I'm just more concerned with pp right now.
i-d8kFVqq-M.jpg

3 -- Just plain b/w with bit of a higher contrast... that's a train running at about 60 mph behind her... is the silver TOO much? Is it TOO industrial? I've taken the hair on the left off, but I tend to think leaving the hair gives it a sense of motion.

i-kCpXjRz-M.jpg
Blessings,
Marjohn

Images of Him Photography

Comments

• imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2011
    Any thoughts?
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

• 1scrappychic1scrappychic Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2011
    The main thing that stands out to me is the dark circles under her eyes. I'd reduce them.
    I'm not a fan of b&w images processed differently within the same session
    I think #1 could use more brights
    :)
    edited May 15, 2011
    The main thing that stands out to me is the dark circles under her eyes. I'd reduce them.
    I'm not a fan of b&w images processed differently within the same session
    I think #1 could use more brights
    :)

thank you... so... do you like the IR processing or the B/W processing better? Should I re-process the 1st two in B/W?
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

• 1scrappychic1scrappychic Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2011
    I like the contrasty processing on the first two vs the less contrasty 3rd one.
    edited May 15, 2011
    I like the contrasty processing on the first two vs the less contrasty 3rd one.

Okay... thanks again! I'll work on the eyes and brightness and see what I come up with.
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    I really like 1 and 2! I think it works just fine, I am encouraged to try it myself! Nice job.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
    edited May 17, 2011
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    I really like 1 and 2! I think it works just fine, I am encouraged to try it myself! Nice job.

Thank you! I'm still trying to work on her eyes... they're coming out too smudgy for my liking. I'm glad I tried it. I think it makes her "pop" a bit more than in b/w.
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

• afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2011
    I really like shot 1 & 2. I really like your b/w conversion a lot. The 3rd shot is too soft for my liking.

However, these just don't seem like senior shots to me. She looks old in the shots and for some reason it makes me think she is in a bikini.
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/